Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: BBM or NBNG
BBM 3 14.29%
NBNG 10 47.62%
other 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 10:49

Default Re: BBM or NBNG?

this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/user/littlepinkladybug

It shows the basics of how to use the templates. These are only a few of the bows you can make though. There are 7-8 different techniques or "folds" for both the classic and the twisted templates.

Happy to help if you have questions!

I know there are videos for the TNT templates, I do not have a link. I don't know if there are videos for any other brands of templates, but I'm sure you could search on you tube or ask around here.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2010, 08:02

I can only speak for the BBM, I have never used the NBNG. I really like them. My bows turn out the same everytime and they are super easy.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16

where do you get both?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:30

If they come with a bowmaker (someone to make the bows for me?!) I'm all set ...lol!

Sorry Can't make a bow to save my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsonfam5 View Post
I really want to try some templates too. Do they come with a bow maker or how do they work? Sorry I don't mean to sound dumb.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11

I own both sets. I can make bows with or without templates but I'm much faster with the templates. They also help with size consistency so that when someone wants a bow "just like" the one you made "so and so" I can get the same results every time. I used to just cute cardboard and use it till it wore out. The NBNG set took care of that since they don't wear out.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:04

Quote:
If they come with a bowmaker (someone to make the bows for me?!) I'm all set ...lol!

I took a break for a while because I have been feeling the same way It would be so nice to have a little bowmaking man to store in my closet for bad bow days.

So glad to see that there was a tutorial for this. It really helps me feel more confident purchasing.

Keisha, I have been making bows for about ten years now. Back when there were really no m2ms out there all that was available was a bowdabra.
I still have my bowdabra!!lol.. If any of you have not seen it.. It's a long plastic thing that you shove ribbon into and wrap a wire.. then SmAsh! Not a good looking bow!
So I had only made them by hand. From the looks of it this will be sooo much easier!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
I took a break for a while because I have been feeling the same way It would be so nice to have a little bowmaking man to store in my closet for bad bow days.

So glad to see that there was a tutorial for this. It really helps me feel more confident purchasing.

Keisha, I have been making bows for about ten years now. Back when there were really no m2ms out there all that was available was a bowdabra.
I still have my bowdabra!!lol.. If any of you have not seen it.. It's a long plastic thing that you shove ribbon into and wrap a wire.. then SmAsh! Not a good looking bow!
So I had only made them by hand. From the looks of it this will be sooo much easier!
yes I have a bowdabra and it is a waste of money in my opinion! good thing it was inexpensive!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:52

I ended up buying three blessings bowtique tutorials and I have finally been abel to make a twisted boutique bow!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:08

i got the BBM the other day and finally got to sit down and try it tonight and I LOVE IT!!! i finally got a twisted that looked the way it was supposed too!!!!!!!!!!! im so glad i got it and cant wait to whip out some more tomorrow!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloswhim View Post

I can totally relate to you as a matter of fact I used to sell only ribbon sculptures until....I bought my BBM ....it surelly rocks!!!!!!
now I don`t have much time to make ribbon scultures as I sell lots of bows...so it really saved my life and Karyn she is the best...always willing to help you out if you need althought with the templates you don`t even need her help.