printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,140
Default Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

I only sell online right now. I need to up my prices, I think. Can you ladies help me with retail pricing?!?! Here are the ones that I am questioning...

2" Itty Bitty Korkers - I have these at $1.50 and I know I need to up them. They are a good seller - probably my best seller. I do a ton of M2M Gymbo so I sometimes buy graphics and print my own ribbon like these Litle Goldfish.



I make these in various sizes. I charge $5.00 or $9.50 a set.

I do these for $1.50.


Also, how much would you charge for a small/itty bitty twisted bow on a clip with no spikes, stacks, etc? I am thinking of offering them in a 1.75-2" made with 5/8 or 7/8....maybe a bigger one too around 3". I don't have a pic except it would be the same as the inside of the Sister bows.

I really appreciate any opinions and thoughts. If you think my prices are good then tell me. If you think I need to up, then help me figure out what to charge. I am so clueless....lol. Oh, I tie and sew all of my bows. Thanks!!
__________________
Lori
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!!...lol...I NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!?...lol...like Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!

Last edited by ordi5103; 05-30-2010 at 04:38.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:33
K&C'sMommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 131
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Sorry I can't help with pricing, but I just wanted to say I love your work!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C'sMommy View Post
Sorry I can't help with pricing, but I just wanted to say I love your work!!
Oh, thank you!! I really appreciate it. I try hard. I haven't been doing bows for that long, but I love it!!!
__________________
Lori
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!!...lol...I NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!?...lol...like Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 01:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Anyone?? I know it is hard, but I really need help....especially with the ittybitty korkers. TIA!!
__________________
Lori
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!!...lol...I NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!?...lol...like Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00
twolittlefriends's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Shrevport, La
Posts: 1,272
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Def. up ur prices! If people like ur work they will be more than willing to pay for it I promise! For the flower one at least $3.50 the big eleabrate bows I would say $6 or $7 per bow and then $12 for the set. Thats what I have paid for them in the past and it was worth every penny. Dont sell urself short. I have a hard time charginig people as well but remember to factor in ur time and materials. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolittlefriends View Post
Def. up ur prices! If people like ur work they will be more than willing to pay for it I promise! For the flower one at least $3.50 the big eleabrate bows I would say $6 or $7 per bow and then $12 for the set. Thats what I have paid for them in the past and it was worth every penny. Dont sell urself short. I have a hard time charginig people as well but remember to factor in ur time and materials. Hope this helps!
I know - my dh is all the time on to me about not charging enough for my time. I think I really make a good product and it takes me awhile because the only thing that is glued is the center and the bow onto the clip - I even sew all my loops and everything. So, $3.50 for the ittybitty korkers and the flowers?!? And, up the other bows about $1. I think that might work.
__________________
Lori
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!!...lol...I NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!?...lol...like Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,069
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

When in doubt I would say don't charge less than twice the price for these things. Double the price! So if you add up the cost (RETAIL) to do one of these and it would cost a customer 2.00 to do this on their own I would just double that price.. Keeping with the idea that you want to charge for your product, time and displaying/marketing while keeping pricing under what they could do a single accessory for. Then promote and keep attention by discounting for multiple purchases etc.

I like the prices that were quoted above. 3.50 for sure on the ribbon flower.. min~!What do mini gymbo korkers cost? I would go with 20% less than the price of gymbo's product since lots of ladies will be shopping to match. This way you have handmade appeal, custom product and you can compete with the regular run-of-the mill korkers out there.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
When in doubt I would say don't charge less than twice the price for these things. Double the price! So if you add up the cost (RETAIL) to do one of these and it would cost a customer 2.00 to do this on their own I would just double that price.. Keeping with the idea that you want to charge for your product, time and displaying/marketing while keeping pricing under what they could do a single accessory for. Then promote and keep attention by discounting for multiple purchases etc.

I like the prices that were quoted above. 3.50 for sure on the ribbon flower.. min~!What do mini gymbo korkers cost? I would go with 20% less than the price of gymbo's product since lots of ladies will be shopping to match. This way you have handmade appeal, custom product and you can compete with the regular run-of-the mill korkers out there.
Thank you!! You gave me some food for thought. I never thought to use the Gymbo products as a guide. That is a pretty good idea!!
__________________
Lori
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!!...lol...I NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!?...lol...like Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:33
564tamara's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 71
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

I think what the other ladies said about pricing seems good! I just wanted to say that your stuff is awesome! How do you make the tiny korkers? I can't see m to find a tut anywhere!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 564tamara View Post
I think what the other ladies said about pricing seems good! I just wanted to say that your stuff is awesome! How do you make the tiny korkers? I can't see m to find a tut anywhere!
Thank you!! Actually, there is a tut here...It is in the free section. I got the idea from it, but I modify it a little depending on my kork.
__________________
Lori
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!!...lol...I NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!?...lol...like Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger