printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-19-2010, 12:25

Default Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

I only sell online right now. I need to up my prices, I think. Can you ladies help me with retail pricing?!?! Here are the ones that I am questioning...

2" Itty Bitty Korkers - I have these at $1.50 and I know I need to up them. They are a good seller - probably my best seller. I do a ton of M2M Gymbo so I sometimes buy graphics and print my own ribbon like these Litle Goldfish.

I make these in various sizes. I charge $5.00 or $9.50 a set.

I do these for $1.50.

Also, how much would you charge for a small/itty bitty twisted bow on a clip with no spikes, stacks, etc? I am thinking of offering them in a 1.75-2" made with 5/8 or 7/8....maybe a bigger one too around 3". I don't have a pic except it would be the same as the inside of the Sister bows.

I really appreciate any opinions and thoughts. If you think my prices are good then tell me. If you think I need to up, then help me figure out what to charge. I am so clueless....lol. Oh, I tie and sew all of my bows. Thanks!!

Last edited by ordi5103; 05-30-2010 at 04:38.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 12:33

Default Re: Prices...need to up them, I think??!?!

Sorry I can't help with pricing, but I just wanted to say I love your work!!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C'sMommy View Post
Sorry I can't help with pricing, but I just wanted to say I love your work!!
Oh, thank you!! I really appreciate it. I try hard. I haven't been doing bows for that long, but I love it!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:55

Anyone?? I know it is hard, but I really need help....especially with the ittybitty korkers. TIA!!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00

Def. up ur prices! If people like ur work they will be more than willing to pay for it I promise! For the flower one at least $3.50 the big eleabrate bows I would say $6 or $7 per bow and then $12 for the set. Thats what I have paid for them in the past and it was worth every penny. Dont sell urself short. I have a hard time charginig people as well but remember to factor in ur time and materials. Hope this helps!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolittlefriends View Post
Def. up ur prices! If people like ur work they will be more than willing to pay for it I promise! For the flower one at least $3.50 the big eleabrate bows I would say $6 or $7 per bow and then $12 for the set. Thats what I have paid for them in the past and it was worth every penny. Dont sell urself short. I have a hard time charginig people as well but remember to factor in ur time and materials. Hope this helps!
I know - my dh is all the time on to me about not charging enough for my time. I think I really make a good product and it takes me awhile because the only thing that is glued is the center and the bow onto the clip - I even sew all my loops and everything. So, $3.50 for the ittybitty korkers and the flowers?!? And, up the other bows about $1. I think that might work.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:18

When in doubt I would say don't charge less than twice the price for these things. Double the price! So if you add up the cost (RETAIL) to do one of these and it would cost a customer 2.00 to do this on their own I would just double that price.. Keeping with the idea that you want to charge for your product, time and displaying/marketing while keeping pricing under what they could do a single accessory for. Then promote and keep attention by discounting for multiple purchases etc.

I like the prices that were quoted above. 3.50 for sure on the ribbon flower.. min~!What do mini gymbo korkers cost? I would go with 20% less than the price of gymbo's product since lots of ladies will be shopping to match. This way you have handmade appeal, custom product and you can compete with the regular run-of-the mill korkers out there.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiquesweetheart View Post
When in doubt I would say don't charge less than twice the price for these things. Double the price! So if you add up the cost (RETAIL) to do one of these and it would cost a customer 2.00 to do this on their own I would just double that price.. Keeping with the idea that you want to charge for your product, time and displaying/marketing while keeping pricing under what they could do a single accessory for. Then promote and keep attention by discounting for multiple purchases etc.

I like the prices that were quoted above. 3.50 for sure on the ribbon flower.. min~!What do mini gymbo korkers cost? I would go with 20% less than the price of gymbo's product since lots of ladies will be shopping to match. This way you have handmade appeal, custom product and you can compete with the regular run-of-the mill korkers out there.
Thank you!! You gave me some food for thought. I never thought to use the Gymbo products as a guide. That is a pretty good idea!!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:33

I think what the other ladies said about pricing seems good! I just wanted to say that your stuff is awesome! How do you make the tiny korkers? I can't see m to find a tut anywhere!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 564tamara View Post
I think what the other ladies said about pricing seems good! I just wanted to say that your stuff is awesome! How do you make the tiny korkers? I can't see m to find a tut anywhere!
Thank you!! Actually, there is a tut here...It is in the free section. I got the idea from it, but I modify it a little depending on my kork.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg