http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-20-2008, 11:33

Default Re: How do I attach the bow to a flip flop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylas_Mommy View Post
Well for flip flops pretty much all I do is, I have to punch a small hole in the strap to where I want the snap to go. Then attach. Then for the bow all I do is use a plastic strip for the back of the bow and then I glue the male part of the snap to the back. The next time that I make them I will take some pics and post it.
Alright have you made some more and did you take pictures of the work in progress? I would love to see these. I make some flip flops, but haven't ever done them like this. I am anxiously awaiting to see your beautiful creations
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-31-2009, 11:55

I need this question answered. I have been using zip ties and sliding the bows under those. I have customers that are loosing them because they fall off. What suggestions can you give me. I thought about latch pins.
Teresa
Old 06-01-2009, 12:02

Ok what I do is put E6000 on the strap then i put a needle and thread through the bow place is where I want it on the bow and wrap the thread around the strap alternating it around the toe part... and pulll it super tight!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:30

I'm working on a couple of interchangeable button/bow ideas, but... how big is the market for that? Flip-flops aren't that expensive. Would potential customers be okay with buying a few different pairs?

I sell pivot buttons (buttons with a tack) to this company, to make these:

Here's a bigger image: http://www.legacyathletic.com/graphi.../lg_504LBF.jpg

What if you put a bow under the button before you attach it? It will be permanent, but will customers mind that? I'm trying to gauge a potential market, which currently does not exist in North Central Massachusetts.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbland View Post
I have a lady bringing me a pair of flip flops tonight to decorate them for her daughter, I have some flip-flop instructions but they aren't very clear how to attach the bow to the center. Can someone help me out here? PLEASE!!
Here is a link to some I`ve made ...i have found that the most secure way to attach the bow is with zip ties...those plastic things used to secure cables.
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...lip-flops.html

I first make the braid then glue it to the strap with E600 and then go under and over the braid with the zip tie put a bit of E600 on top of the braid and secure the bow with the tie.
If you any other help just pm me
HTH
Old 09-18-2009, 01:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileytm View Post
I need this question answered. I have been using zip ties and sliding the bows under those. I have customers that are loosing them because they fall off. What suggestions can you give me. I thought about latch pins.
Teresa

i have been using zip ties for months now and I`ve selled lots of pairs and received no calim till now.....how do you secure yours with the zip ties?
Check this link to see how I do it.
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...s-hope-so.html
Old 09-18-2009, 06:23

Pat, your ribbon work is... outstanding!

Would you ever use a button with your bows?

I am extremely uncreative, and honestly... the only reason I'm even considering attempting flip-flops is to highlight my buttons.

Did I mention I'm not creative? I'm not creative.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede View Post
Pat, your ribbon work is... outstanding!

Would you ever use a button with your bows?

I am extremely uncreative, and honestly... the only reason I'm even considering attempting flip-flops is to highlight my buttons.

Did I mention I'm not creative? I'm not creative.

Ohh thank you Dede! I do not consider a Pro yet...bows are made thanks to my BBM yes I just received some buttons I bought and yes i will be personalizing some flip flops soon with embroidered monogramed buttons I think they should turn out very nice
Old 09-19-2009, 11:08

Ooooh, I love that look! Monogrammed buttons with bows! Of course, I am slightly biased toward covered buttons in general.

My offer of a free 10-pack of any button I carry in exchange for permission to post your button photo(s) on my website (with a link) is ALWAYS open. Of course, my buttons require a machine and die, but you can claim them later when you buy the equipment.

You can pick up button machines and dies at yard sales, eBay, estate sales, upholstery shop going-out-of-business sales, Craig's List, etc. This is especially true down South, where a lot of upholstery businesses have closed. I know two separate people who unexpectedly just inherited huge boxes of dies, so you never know.

I would be THRILLED to help ANYONE with any button equipment they come across - cleaning it, repairing it, using it, etc. I LOVE COVERED BUTTONS!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede View Post
Ooooh, I love that look! Monogrammed buttons with bows! Of course, I am slightly biased toward covered buttons in general.

My offer of a free 10-pack of any button I carry in exchange for permission to post your button photo(s) on my website (with a link) is ALWAYS open. Of course, my buttons require a machine and die, but you can claim them later when you buy the equipment.

You can pick up button machines and dies at yard sales, eBay, estate sales, upholstery shop going-out-of-business sales, Craig's List, etc. This is especially true down South, where a lot of upholstery businesses have closed. I know two separate people who unexpectedly just inherited huge boxes of dies, so you never know.

I would be THRILLED to help ANYONE with any button equipment they come across - cleaning it, repairing it, using it, etc. I LOVE COVERED BUTTONS!
Dede as soon as I make some stuff with my buttons I will let you know...I would be thrilled to just see pics of my stuff as samples in your page....now I just need the time to make them..but I am getting close.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.