Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-15-2010, 07:07
Default What fabric is this?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to post this question. I've been making frayed roses with cotton material, which is great for a casual look.

I'd like to try and make some fancier ones, with pearl buttons, tulle, feathers, etc. I'm not the best at figuring out what fabric to get, can anyone tell by looking at photos what fabric they'd suggest? Silk, satin, sateen, polyester?

my favorite one

and a few more examples

Sponsored Links
hip girl boutique LLC forum advertisement--pink-lily-wholesale
Old 05-15-2010, 07:36
Default Re: What fabric is this?

The first one looks like satin, since it's got a sheen to it.

Not sure on the 2nd one, they loook like all three may be different fabrics.

The 3rd one again looks like satin, but I could be wrong
Old 05-15-2010, 07:55

1st one looks like a satin, but the last one is silk. Jo-annes has silky prints and solids probably too on sale right now for 50% off, LMK if you need a coupon, I will send you mine, not using it this period.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:59

The first looks like a satiny poly iridescent color which would have that diff color thread. I think so anyway. The others are all what you said polyester sateen etc. I don't think it makes a huge diff. Go to Joanns and pick up what you like. I made some with the material that they line clothing with. It was a pretty aqua and shiny. I agree the first one is really pretty! Good luck!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:00

Thank you ladies

Thank you for the offer on the coupon, I wish the nearest Joann's wasn't 45 minutes away. I'm going to hit up Hobby Lobby and see if they have anything, I don't want to spend too much, just in case it doesn't work out as I have envisioned.
Sponsored Links