http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2010, 10:16

Default Graduation gift help??

It's the end of the year and time for teacher gifts. This is for my DD who is in preschool. I like to have personalized gifts for the teachers to remember the class. We've done those picture books and a quilt with all of the kids pics. I am all our of ideas. One of the parents wanted to give a crate full of bulbs and gardening items. While this is cute, I really would like it to be more personal. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:28
Banned

Default Re: Graduation gift help??

We have done monogramed dish towels.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:34

We do a few things. I make the "Teachers Rule" tees, and then we get the big bag from LLBean or the wholesale bag store (depending on their style) and have that personalized (one mom has an embroidery business) and fill it with the TJ Maxx specials! Acrylic pitcher and cups, ice tea mixes, one mom bakes cookies, one mom makes the flip flops, a few magazines, I sell the dry dip mixes too, so we throw a few of those in there and voila!!! Really cute and they LOVE it!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerycherrytots View Post
We do a few things. I make the "Teachers Rule" tees, and then we get the big bag from LLBean or the wholesale bag store (depending on their style) and have that personalized (one mom has an embroidery business) and fill it with the TJ Maxx specials! Acrylic pitcher and cups, ice tea mixes, one mom bakes cookies, one mom makes the flip flops, a few magazines, I sell the dry dip mixes too, so we throw a few of those in there and voila!!! Really cute and they LOVE it!
that's a really cute idea!
I always have to throw this in there, as a former teacher....teachers really, really like gift cards. I know its not as personal or fun, but after a few years of teaching, it gets harder to find places to store all the personalized gifts and its nice to be able to pick out something that you'd love and still remember the class when you use it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
that's a really cute idea!
I always have to throw this in there, as a former teacher....teachers really, really like gift cards. I know its not as personal or fun, but after a few years of teaching, it gets harder to find places to store all the personalized gifts and its nice to be able to pick out something that you'd love and still remember the class when you use it.
Wow, I'm glad you said this. It really makes me think. They always have the kids make us items and they get gift certificates around xmas. I was trying to be creative, but maybe I am over thinking it?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46

my sister is a teacher - I know she would love the "big bag" because she is always hauling stuff around, and loves bags...but the gift card is always nice. I really think that is a great gift, because, it can be used for whatever - I tend to give starbucks cards or barnes n noble....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:53

My brother and sister are both teachers, but my sister told me the gift cards are one of those "gifts that keep giving!" She gives them to friends and family as her XMas gifts! I know it sounds sooo riduculous, but she said she would rather have something to treasure rather than $$$ only because she hates to shop and she has a toddler and finding time to do it isn't always easy as she heads so many things at school and has papers to grade and all the other stuff that teachers do "after hours." Just what she told me, so this is what I came up with!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif