New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:55

Default A couple of questions

I was wondering if someone could tell me, for the flip flops with the foam straps, what's the best glue for ribbon? I wasn't sure if hot glue would work better than bottled, and if bottled works better what type, ie one for foam or something for mixed media?

Also, I have been looking for a tutorial for the tutu bows/fairy fluffs/tutu poufs (I've seen multiple names for them, maybe that's why I can't find a tut), free or paid, I will be happy with either one!

And to round it out, does anyone have tutorials or tips on pet/grooming bows? I've watched some videos on youtube and most of them are very helpful (not made at all like I expected!), but then I saw a website that did the tailored style bow for dog bows and was wondering how that works, they look like they are sewn in some pics but it's very hard to tell because every single bow is embellished.

the website is http://www.bowbizdogbows.com

I'm just starting out, as you can probably tell! I'm sure I will end up asking a lot of questions, and hope someday I can start to help others, although I can always give opinions as a potential customer! lol
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 01:01

Default Re: A couple of questions

Foam flip flops? You mean the type they give you when you get a pedicure? Not sure if foam would hold up.

As far as the dog bows, it's just a layer for the spike and then a layer for the tuxedo bow, and they threaded the crystals and then wrapped it around the whole bow and glued the clip on.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:12

Thank you, I kind of thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

Sorry I didn't make the flip-flop thing very clear, I mean the type you get from old navy, children's place etc. They list the thong/strap part as foam, unless I am reading it wrong and it's plastic, in which case hot glue would work right?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:45

My flip flops from ON are plastic on top. I'm not sure about the hot glue, I've heard it doesn't work too well that E6000 is best to use. That's not an immediate thing you can wear though, E6000 has to cure for I think at least a day.

I used hot glue on my latest flip flops, but I live in Texas so I'm sure the first hot day I wear them they'll fall apart, which is fine, I'll have E6000 by then and will just fix them.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:00

Ok thank you I did end up going to ON yesterday to look for them and while the employees were very unhelpful, I did see the tops are plastic. I'm wanting these for 4th of July for my daughter and niece, so I don't mind waiting to let them cure...my daughter on the other hand might be a little excited.

Unfortunately they didn't have the ones I was looking for at ON in store, I can find the right ones in my daughter's size online but not in my niece's, she'll be wearing a 6-12 months or size 3.

Last edited by Aeonix; 05-13-2010 at 08:09.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies