printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-11-2010, 05:05

Default How to make these bows?

. . . . .

Last edited by madaboutbows; 05-12-2010 at 08:00.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:14

Default Re: How to make these bows?

The 3rd looks like a pinwheel. The other two look like twisted boutiques.

Check this site and it should help you.

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/pinwheel_bow.html
This one they used 1.5" ribbon the pic you have is 7/8 ribbon so it looks a tad different.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:22

The first two are twisted bows. The last is a pinwheel.
I think you will find it isn't quite so simple as one might think to make a good quality bow. It takes alot of practice and the cost of supplies add up quickly.
Most of the girls here do have a business selling bows so things like "I think it's a ripoff to pay for them when SO many people know how and are usually happy to share. =) " don't typically go over very well. Most of us have done more research and practice than imaginable to be able to do what we do. This takes alot of work and is how I feed my kids. I have fair prices and don't feel at all like I rip anyone off. My time is as valuble as someone who works at any company and I have to make the money back on the thousands spent in supplies.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:27

[QUOTE=aliciaandbabies;551312]The first two are twisted bows. The last is a pinwheel.
I think you will find it isn't quite so simple as one might think to make a good quality bow. It takes alot of practice and the cost of supplies add up quickly.
Most of the girls here do have a business selling bows so things like "I think it's a ripoff to pay for them when SO many people know how and are usually happy to share. =) " don't typically go over very well. QUOTE]

Yep, its all in how you ask.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:43

I think she was saying she felt paying for tuts is a ripoffs not the actual bows... Paying for tuts is a preference really. Some like the extra instructions you can get for paid instructions and some (like me) would rather save our cash and try to figure it out on our own.... I'm pretty good at looking at something and being able to figure it out by a picture as I don't following instructions very well. BUT then there are some people who have to have a step by step.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:51

I see that now. I'm sorry. Can you tell I get asked all the time by people to show them how to do things so they don't have to buy from me? I'm sorry OP.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:01

I understand how some were offended by this, but I don'think she meant it thatway. But I, like many others I'm sure, feel that if they paid for instructions and have been working on something for a long time, don't feel the need to share for free. If I figured out something on my own then I don't mind sharing. I have gotten lots of good info from this forum. I have also paid for a lot of tuts because I am one of those that have to see the steps. Some have been worth the money i spent, a few have not. So I see what she means by being a rip off. For the most part, my money has been well invested in tuts.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:10

I don't think she meant it rudely either. I'm not offended
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42

It is funny how this day and age we can read so much in the tone of a post or email. I know I do this at my day job. I understood the sentiment but maybe it was not worded correctly.

I so appreciate all of the information that I get on this forum. There is a "masters degree" in custom creations on this site alone. I am definitly a new member but I can say.. I buy tutorials, then buy more tutorials, buy templates, then buy more templates, read blogs, watch youtube and I still am a newbie.

Yes it is in how you ask. I suppose there are many people here that would never purchase a "lopsided bow', there are many that would not even recognize a "lopsided bow"...

Buy supplies, buy more supplies, buy from group buys, buy from more group buys.. Diversify and research and work.. that will lead to some success???? Or will it.

Tisha
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippychick View Post
buy from group buys, buy from more group buys..
I have that part down, lol!
Sponsored Links