New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:14

Default should I say something???

Ok the gal that loves to use me for alot of her "inspiration" is now going to possibly change the name of her business.... to fancy schmancy.... My business name is Julia Schmoolia. Should I say something?? they are too similar. or am I crazy?? she is taking a poll on her fan page. I feel like I should email her and ask her to keep it the same "Bows by Us".... What to do???

and if you are reading this because you found this site. then I guess you know how I feel about it...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45

Default Re: should I say something???

does sound a tab bit too close to me. I might would sit her down and have a heart to heart.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06

No I wouldn't say anything. Nothing is more unprofessiona then to harass other sellers. Just let it go and stop paying attention to competition.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbettua View Post
No I wouldn't say anything. Nothing is more unprofessiona then to harass other sellers. Just let it go and stop paying attention to competition.
Ditto. I mean you could talk to her but it may not matter. It does sound like a bit of a copy but she can name it anything she wants. I would just ignore it.
Yvonne
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16

i wouldn't worry to much about it....i went to her fan page and everyone is wanting her to keep her current name....

Old 05-11-2010, 10:16

Got to say you should go and read my thread in the general business section from yesterday. This is how mine started out as well. Her old business had the word cute in it and a phrase that someone made on my FB page.

My advice to you is to ignore it and hide your page from her. It would seem like contacting a crazy copycat person will only make her copy you more as you can see from my post. Since me contacting this person regarding my copied pants she has now copied everything that I have. This person will do it out of spite. Best to think you don't care. People like this are obviously so filled with envy that they must be like you. It must be a sad and very pathetic life for them. As you can see I never mentioned this persons name in the thread at all and there she was front and center. Sorry to say but this person IS following you around all over the place. I fanned your page and your bows are really cute.

My other advice to you is that FB pictures and date stamps don't lie!! It is interesting when some people try to deny logic by saying you have not done something that pretty much is in black and white with a date stamp on it. It will clearly show that you did it first. In my book those who do these things should have it done right back to them, although you can see it just made her do it more. By the way don't be shocked when everything you sell she will sell for half the price because that will happen as well. Sorry it sucks and I am in the same boat.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29

I don't know all the history here but I don't think that the names are similiar but it obviously bothers you. I actually considered this several years ago because of "Fancy Nancy" and thought it was cute. However, I do think that if you say something to her that will bring it this issue to light and if she truly is a "stalker" then she might do it because she knows that she has struck a nerve. Just my two cents for what its worth.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:34

Are you friends w/ this girl? Just curious. Is you name Julia Schmoolia after the wedding singer?? I love that movie!

I think I'd have to ignore her. I did like you line at the end..... if you found this and are reading I guess you know how I feel about it. lol
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48

I really think that if a persons products are quality, then that's all they need to be worrying about. None of us have the market cornered on any word or style or shape or anything like that. There are too many who came before us who have already done it and many many more who will come after us who will do it all again. If we choose to pay attention to the going on's in our own "home," do them well, do them consistently and do them professionally, then it's really not going to matter what someone else is doing. I tell my children all the time, if they would pay as much attention to what they themselves are supposed to be doing, as they pay to that of what their brother or sisters are doing, then they would be far ahead of the game.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Are you friends w/ this girl? Just curious. Is you name Julia Schmoolia after the wedding singer?? I love that movie!

I think I'd have to ignore her. I did like you line at the end..... if you found this and are reading I guess you know how I feel about it. lol
Her name was Julia Goolia. Well it was going to be if she married the jerk. LOOOOOOOOOVE that movie!