http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-11-2010, 10:57

Default Re: should I say something???

It might just be casualty,...or not! Nevertheless, I would ignore it. Trust in your products, quality, customer service and your originality.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58

I don't really think they are similar at all. I get it that they both start with "shm" and rhyme, but I really don't think you have a case. It would come across as petty, IMHO.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:59

While I agree with you, to me there is a fine line between someone you don't know that does this and someone that you know. I have in good faith answered friends questions and let them on my personal FB page only to see them sell the product later on. Why would you just not be honest about it? it really is shady. This person is obviously being shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaTBC View Post
I really think that if a persons products are quality, then that's all they need to be worrying about. None of us have the market cornered on any word or style or shape or anything like that. There are too many who came before us who have already done it and many many more who will come after us who will do it all again. If we choose to pay attention to the going on's in our own "home," do them well, do them consistently and do them professionally, then it's really not going to matter what someone else is doing. I tell my children all the time, if they would pay as much attention to what they themselves are supposed to be doing, as they pay to that of what their brother or sisters are doing, then they would be far ahead of the game.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:03
-Michelle-

I LOVE the Wedding Singer! One of my favorite movies!

That said , I agree with everyone else, as hard as it might be don't let it bother you. Confronting her will not get anything resolved, and I think it will only make things worse (one way or another). People like that do not deserve you wasting your time being upset about their lack of originality, be proud of what you create. Besides, the name is not exactly the same, there are small similarities, but nothing major, don't stress over it.

Last edited by -Michelle-; 05-11-2010 at 11:08.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25

I would say this as well to you. My husband said this and yes it is so true. Someone that is obsessed with following your every move via google or this thread or anywhere else is spending a massive amount of time doing this and not producing quality or original work. It shows in their work and their sales.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:24

It's close but not too close. Just take it as a compliment.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:35

Sorry I know it stinks!! I would just try to ignore it. I had a "friend" who is no longer a friend for awlful reasons have me make bows so she could give them to her nephews girlfriend as a babyshower gift and it was for free but what t'd me off was that she said she made them. I just let it go but ugggggg!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:17

i say take a breath and walk away! if you stay in the business long enough everything you do is going to be copied. my old name was copied by a former customer there is nothing i could do about it. if all she does is rename her shop something close to yours be thankfull the person who jacked my name went around town badmouthing me and when i say me i mean not only my business but my family also! as hard as it is, this is just one thing that we all have to deal with!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 05-11-2010, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, but if you have to say something send her the google search link for "fancy schmancy" - It's hardly an original name.
I agree with the above.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:28

I would let it go. Not worth your time.
~Janet~ Bow Hobbyist, retired WAHM.... When we move out of the way and give the Lord room to stand in our lives He will glorify Himself in us ~Isaiah 60:13
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg