New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: Which Knot do you use for your tutu's
Square Knot 56 31.82%
Loop Knot 109 61.93%
I sew my tutu's 11 6.25%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2011, 03:57

Default Re: Tutu makers - which knot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinasK View Post
I use the loop knot (that's also a slip knot right? lol), but I've recently started doing a square knot on top of my loop knots by using one of the pieces from the one next to each other. Does that make any sense? I loop knot one piece, then I loop knot another and use one piece from each to make a square knot going all the way around like that.

I actually haven't had any problems with just the loop knot, but I was always worried about it so I tried something different. It actually looks almost the same when I add the extra knots; which is a good thing.
What a novel idea Tina That certainly sounds very sturdy.

The first few I made I used the loop knot and the last few I've made I've used the square knot. To be honest, the square knot goes much faster for me.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:41

I double knot mine.

Are there any good tuts on how to do a sew tutu?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52
xDoomsDayAngelx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinasK View Post
I use the loop knot (that's also a slip knot right? lol), but I've recently started doing a square knot on top of my loop knots by using one of the pieces from the one next to each other. Does that make any sense? I loop knot one piece, then I loop knot another and use one piece from each to make a square knot going all the way around like that.

I actually haven't had any problems with just the loop knot, but I was always worried about it so I tried something different. It actually looks almost the same when I add the extra knots; which is a good thing.
Can you add a photo of this style?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDoomsDayAngelx View Post
Can you add a photo of this style?
You just take one strand from one bunch and one strand from the next bunch and square knot them together

HTH
Old 03-21-2011, 12:25

Does anyone know of anyone that sells a tut for empire waist tutus?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:03

What is a square not? no idea
Old 03-22-2011, 01:06

I've never had a problem with the slip knot and I love the way it looks,but I like to use a double knot.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxybunnyg View Post
What is a square not? no idea
The net has a lot of different places that show you how to make a square knot (the pic below shows the knot using 2 different colored threads).

HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg square-knot-step-3.jpg (54.1 KB, 84 views)
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57

people that sew your tutus, do you mean that you sew a tutu like how traditional tutus are sewn where you cut the tulle in a circle... or are you still cutting the 6" strips and sewing them individually to the waistband?

I've always been curious when I hear people sewing them i wasn't sure if they were just doing the normal sewing old fashion tutu way or a new spectacular way that i have to try
Old 03-29-2011, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
The net has a lot of different places that show you how to make a square knot (the pic below shows the knot using 2 different colored threads).

HTH
Thank you Maxine
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.