new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-05-2010, 01:27

Default Korker bows??

So i now how to make korker bows but what i cant seem to get is mine to look as fat and full and ball like. Like you ladys are. mine just look dead... I am thinking of just making around 2.5 inch korkers since the bigger bows never seem to sell for me. People just like the little ones.. So I know you just cut your ribbon 2.5 inch. But do you ladys, Go threw the center a few times. Or do you ladys wrap your thread around the whole thing. How many pieces do you use for each bow?? Does any one have idea of how many yards on korker is??

thanks ladys i plan on having a korker week next week and making like 500 for my up coming show in aug (215,000 people) but not 100% sure on how to make them look so full and ball shaped like you ladys..

thanks sooo much dont no what i would do with out you ladys...
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:41

Default Re: Korker bows??

I'm in the process of starting my batch of korkers. Just actually got them out of the oven! I like to cut them at about the 5th or 6th curl. I sew mine together because I think they are more secure that way. And I use about 30 cuts per. I like to take each cut of ribbon and poke it on a long needle and keep going with all the pieces. I don't sew it back thru yet, I take my gator bite and put all the pieces with the needle in the middle and clamp it down with the gator bite, that way the peices won't move. I then sew thru them a few times and tie off.

HTH!

Kristie
Old 05-05-2010, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbean17 View Post
So I know you just cut your ribbon 2.5 inch. But do you ladys, Go threw the center a few times. Or do you ladys wrap your thread around the whole thing. How many pieces do you use for each bow?? Does any one have idea of how many yards on korker is??
With 2.5 inch pieces I would use about 25-30 pieces. Stacking on a long needle & sewing is the best way IMO & so much more secure than tying. If you spray starch on the dowel rods before baking you'll get a more stiff "kork" & it will stand up better & be more ball shaped.

Good luck - I can't imagine planning to make500 of them!! 50 would be making a ton IMO!! I would plan to bake, cut & heat seal a ton of pieces before starting to assemble.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesandribbon View Post
With 2.5 inch pieces I would use about 25-30 pieces. Stacking on a long needle & sewing is the best way IMO & so much more secure than tying. If you spray starch on the dowel rods before baking you'll get a more stiff "kork" & it will stand up better & be more ball shaped.

Good luck - I can't imagine planning to make500 of them!! 50 would be making a ton IMO!! I would plan to bake, cut & heat seal a ton of pieces before starting to assemble.

My goal is 50 korkers a day lol atleast i find korkers are one of the easyer bows to make just a pain in the ass lol. I havent sold any yet cause i hate making them but people keep saying they are popular so i am going to give it a shot... Lol
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03

I make korker bows all the time but 50 is crazy for one day!!! I wouldn't be able to shower or have my kids at home to do that many in one day!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:25

Quote:
My goal is 50 korkers a day lol atleast i find korkers are one of the easyer bows to make just a pain in the ass lol. I havent sold any yet cause i hate making them but people keep saying they are popular so i am going to give it a shot... Lol

WHAT????? 50 a day???? If you really get to do that you will be my heroe
I can only make like 6 a day the most LOL and after that I am out of business those little darn things consume all my energy ....cause I stress soo much making them. I really love how they look but I really hate making them although now that I am making them with yama ribbon I find it easier to sew them cause before I used local ribbon (I am out of the US) and it gets really stiff after baking so sewing them was really hard
Old 05-05-2010, 06:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriHallman View Post
I make korker bows all the time but 50 is crazy for one day!!! I wouldn't be able to shower or have my kids at home to do that many in one day!!!
I`ve seen your korkers and they are sooo cute I really think they are the most perfect I`ve ever seen...wish I could take classes with you LOL
Super great work!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:27

Quote:

By the way bugbean where are you from?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16

Aww thanks!! I don't mind helping anyone who wants it. Beware I may ask for help for other things later. My other bows skills are not so great! lol!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48

For my korkers, I starch my ribbon before baking it and then I cut my ribbon into 2 1/2" pieces for my regular sized korkers and use about 30-35 pieces per bow. I stack all of my pieces on a long embroidery needle and sew through the pieces 3 or 4 times... Also, you have to be careful when sewing not to "smash" the pieces... Korkers smash easily and it's so hard taking them to craft shows without smashing them! HTH
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg