http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-05-2010, 01:08

Default I'm new here!! Flip Flop question

Hello!! This is my first post and I was hoping to learn how to keep embellished flip flops clean? Is there something that I can spray on the bow to help prevent them from staining? Also, I made a pair today where I put 3/8" ribbon around the base of the shoe, but I am not so sure its a great idea incase they get wet... what do you suggest?! Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2010, 08:44

Default Re: I'm new here!! Flip Flop question

you could try some scotchgard spray on the bows and see if that helps to keep them clean. i just use the darker color bows and guess i expect people to understand that stuff on your feet - gets dirty. i have seen them with the 3/8ths at the bottom and had the same thought about it coming off. what are you using to afix it to the flip flop?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:45

Thankyou! I know I have made my daughter some, who is rough on shoes anyways and they get so nasty. I just hate that people spend the money on them and they don't last. I actually just wrap 3/8" ribbon around a couple of times where it goes between the toes and hot glue the ribbon to that, then the center knot helps secure it... seems to work well, but I have heard great things about the E600?? I am thinking about trying that too!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:47

I reread your post and I think you were asking about how to affix the 3/8 to the sole?! Oopsie I just used hot glue and it adhered great. I just tried to run the glue smooth and not lines, if that makes sense?!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2mk View Post
Hello!! This is my first post and I was hoping to learn how to keep embellished flip flops clean? Is there something that I can spray on the bow to help prevent them from staining? Also, I made a pair today where I put 3/8" ribbon around the base of the shoe, but I am not so sure its a great idea incase they get wet... what do you suggest?! Thanks in advance!!
That's actually the million dollar question right now--LOL!!!! Some use E6000; some use hot glue; some use double-sided tape...but there are horror stories with all of the above. In other words, if you find something that works for you, just go with it---and post it here--LOL!!!! Someone was going to try some boat glue, but I haven't heard if it worked! Think I'll start a thread and try to find whoever it was that said that...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35

Thanks!! I have decided to forgoe the ribbon around the sole, as pretty as it looks! I just know you can't fight the inevitable of them getting dirty and wet, and to pay $10 for flip flops is alot of money for some! So I will just stick with wrapping the straps and placing the bow, but so far so good on the hot glue. Now I did have problems before where I tried to hot glue the bow directly to the strap and it would just peel right back off, but where I wrap the straps it is not a problem, it helps adhere better! I still haven't bought the E600 glue so I can't share my experience with that yet!!
Sponsored Links