key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-03-2010, 02:56

Default Lining clips w/ tape... What is happening??

I have bought 3 rolls of tape. One from a GB forever ago, then 2 more rolls from a group buy a little sooner then forever ago. The tape is awesome and I haven't had a problem with it until NOW. I lined several clips on Fri night. I got up on Sunday morning and none of them are sticking? I've never had this problem before. Does the tape not stick to some prints and certain ribbon? The ribbon I was using was from Princess fancy pants preppy buy (but it was not the preppy it was some solids I'd bought). Anyone else have this problem?? I really did not like having to use hot glue to re-attach the ribbon to the clips.
I LOVE the tape and don't want to use anything different.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 05-03-2010, 03:00

Default Re: Lining clips w/ tape... What is happening??

NOOOOOOOOOO! I just bought 2 rolls! I hope it doesn't happen to me! So sorry you had to go through that.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:17

yup, the kind I bought from the katekraft or whatever it is isnt as sticky as the ones I have bought from afeincreation (i beleive it was..? not really sure) My bows are ina boutique that I work at and I was looking at them and like 5 had the ribbon not sticking to the tape, I stuck it back down...but still. it was the preppy ribbon too though. I still bought tape from her though bc it works better than the terrifically tacky tape.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:33

It may be because the striped ribbon is kind of woven. It's different from regular grosgrain and if you notice when ribbon places ship it to you, they never use tape to close up the end of the ribbon, they use straight pins. Tape never sticks to that striped ribbon.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37

I think the two rolls I have (partial rolls now) since I can never find one of them.. if from missj's buy and like I said it's worked fine.. EXCEPT it didn't stick good to this new stuff.... SO it's just the kind of ribbon. Guess I will have to stick to lining clips w/ my RABOM rolls.
darn and I just got several 20 yr rolls of colors to line clips in the last few month from that preppy buy.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37

Have the same problem. There is something in certain ribbons that causes this. If its poly cotton there is no problem but some of those stripes and dots have a little rayon in them and these will not stick. I don't think its the tape i think its the ribbon.

Donna
Old 05-03-2010, 03:41

I know you are right donna because it sticks just fine to the ribbon I have from Hobby Lobby or even RABOM.. Guess I'll hot glue the other ribbon... me and hot glue have not been getting along lately!!
Donna, where are you from? I'm North Edmond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadee View Post
Have the same problem. There is something in certain ribbons that causes this. If its poly cotton there is no problem but some of those stripes and dots have a little rayon in them and these will not stick. I don't think its the tape i think its the ribbon.

Donna
Old 05-03-2010, 03:53

Knock on wood-- so far I have had no problem with the tape that I've gotten from KatesCraft. I've used many rolls from two different orders.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
I know you are right donna because it sticks just fine to the ribbon I have from Hobby Lobby or even RABOM.. Guess I'll hot glue the other ribbon... me and hot glue have not been getting along lately!!
Donna, where are you from? I'm North Edmond.

I live in Elk City. I was raised in Norman though. I have lots of cousins that live in North Edmond and Guthrie area's.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:06

We live right on the line of Guthrie and Edmond... small word huh. Do you visit Guthrie much, that's where I grew up for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadee View Post
I live in Elk City. I was raised in Norman though. I have lots of cousins that live in North Edmond and Guthrie area's.
Sponsored Links