Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-02-2010, 01:25

Default PLEASE help! how are these bows made!!!

I have no idea what is used to make these cut outs! she has so many differnret types and i done know how its done! i also dont get what type of rhinestones are used and if the crown is bought as well as the letters. i have no idea how to shape the rhinestones into shapes or letters! please Help!

the first 2 pics are cut outs and all the differnet options for cut outs and the last 3 pics are all differnet rhinestone bows!

Last edited by cheergrl445; 09-19-2010 at 01:25.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:38

Default Re: PLEASE help! how are these bows made!!!

The reinhstones are probably iron ons or something like that.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:05

those are cheer bows and they are very difficult maybe one of the other ladies can give you some advice, I have no idea how they are made but I do know they are made with material and not ribbon
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49

Those are awesome!!! sorry, couldn't tell ya how it is done
Old 05-02-2010, 07:00

Some of them look like they are being done with an embroidery machine, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:16

For the shapes, their just cut outs. You just cut the shape out of the top layer of fabric. Or you can heat n bond it onto the top layer of fabric. And I think she just sets each stone one by one.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21

You can use a hot wand for the rhinestones. You can even buy hot wand designs that transfer right to fabric. I've seen the crown before I think Jolee's hot wand has a design like that.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:53

those are cute but look difficult to make sorry i have no idea
Old 05-02-2010, 07:59

It looks to me like she just used a punch (like a scrapbook punch of sorts) to do the shapes and just fused another fabric underneath.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:11

Post Re: PLEASE help! how are these bows made!!!

cheergirl,

I use stars and other shapes on some of my bows. I use the sizzix die cutter, if you'd like to get specific, it's the biggest sizzix they make. the dies vary on the size of shape vs. width of ribbon ratio. YR may use something else, just letting you know what I use. It is my understanding that others on this site who make cheer bows use a cookie cutter to trace and then cut the shape by hand.

Normally, one would have prepared the fabric by applying heat and bond prior to the cutting process. Once the shape is cut, then bond to your bow ribbon/fabric.

The hot fix rhinestones crown, letters, etc are available as pre-made from a couple websites. The other rhinestones were most likely applied using the hot fix method by hand. Side note: if the hipgirls members can puleeze post any websites with great hot fix/ribbon prices (and decent shipping costs) and pre-made rhinestone decorations or letters, that would be great! I had to wipe my computer last week and lost all my favorites!! I remember all the ones I use the most often, but not the rhinestone ones or the obscure fabric or ribbon sellers/wholesalers. Thanks so much!!!

HTH,
Shelleigh

PS So as to tread very carefully due to copywrite infringement and not upset anyone, Thank you to yellaribbon.com for the wonderful, artistic cheer bows pictured in the first post. You rock! your bows rock, too!

Last edited by Blkhawkfan; 05-03-2010 at 07:15. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links