New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-02-2010, 11:24

Default Re: how to make

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghnagandhi View Post
hey blingmom, you've got a great pic. gallery... great stuff... cheers!

Thank you! I am an amateur compared to the rest on here.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondStitches View Post
That is super, super cute! I would increase the price on that one
I'm working on these today (thanks for the link!), but I agree... too much sewing for $4 a clip! They are turning out cute. I'm thinking at least $5.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:58

those are cute thanks for the link
Old 05-03-2010, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebugs View Post
I hate to use someone elses bow pictures to ask this but does anyone know how to make this and can give simple instructions?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ge=11&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Hey there,

That's my clip you linked to. :-) I was wondering why I had so many hits on that one flower and then I thought, I bet those hipgirls are talking about it. Love you guys!

I actually don't fold my ribbon the way in the tutorial that someone here posted. I do it a bit differently and my way seems so much easier. I only charge $4 for these clips because they only take me about 5 minutes to make and don't require much ribbon. I don't have to glue them at all either, it's all in the way they're folded. I'll take a look around tomorrow and see if I can find the link that I used to figure out the fold. Once I got the hang of the fold, they became super easy. I do sew them together the same way as in the tutorial though. Like I fold one petal, put it on the threaded needle, then put on the next petal until all 5 are on the needle and then pull the thread through all at once and tie it super tight...and then put in a couple of stitches just to make sure it's secure. I use thick crochet thread too, I don't think it would stay very well with regular sewing thread.

Anyway, I'm glad I found you guys. I wish I had more time to post here like I used to...
Old 05-03-2010, 03:10

On second thought, I think she does fold it the same way, it was just hard to tell because of the clips she was using. But, I don't glue the petals, though it probably wouldn't hurt.

When I first started making these I found a sketch type tutorial with drawings on how to fold the ribbon that was really helpful, but now I can't find it.

This is just how I do it though:

http://www.pintangle.com/journal/200...on-flower.html

Only I don't cut off all the excess ribbon at the bottom, I just cut the size I need to begin with, heat seal it, fold it, and put it on the needle.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I love making these and they've been huge sellers both on etsy and at craft shows.

Jessica
Old 05-03-2010, 08:53

Thank you for the link! I'm excited to try these!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20

Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJessica View Post
On second thought, I think she does fold it the same way, it was just hard to tell because of the clips she was using. But, I don't glue the petals, though it probably wouldn't hurt.

When I first started making these I found a sketch type tutorial with drawings on how to fold the ribbon that was really helpful, but now I can't find it.

Only I don't cut off all the excess ribbon at the bottom, I just cut the size I need to begin with, heat seal it, fold it, and put it on the needle.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I love making these and they've been huge sellers both on etsy and at craft shows.

Jessica
Old 05-03-2010, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJessica View Post

Jessica
Thanks for the link - I will have to try it like that. The other way looks cute, but it's a lot of sewing!

And, your clip is adorable

Old 05-03-2010, 10:51

Here are pics of the ones I made yesterday! Still practicing.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:57

Oh, those are very cute! You're definitely getting the hang of it. :-)

After you fold the ribbon into the petal shapes, it helps to fold the bottom part of the petal (the part that you're going to put on the needle) in half and then fold the ends back down over itself and then putting all the layers of each petal onto the needle. That's what gives you a nice crease in the middle of each petal. I wish I could explain it better. I'm terrible at explaining things.

Maybe someone else can...