http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:04

Default Can anyone recommend a glue....

that will stick a bow onto my Havaianas Flip Flop? I tried my hot glue gun and the bow popped of on my way to work! lol! I had only had them on for like 5 minutes! I need some kind of stretchy adhesive...!

Has anyone had any luck with a great glue that will adhere to ribbon and a flip flop?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:14

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a glue....

Thats a good idea, but to sew it on maybe hard beacuse the rubber on the flip flop is so thick?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:15

I wrap the sides and go over the thong part leaving a little loop there. Then I wrap the bow around this loop just like a hairbow. I had a group of cheerleaders order them. They were put through it, and they still stayed on. I actually had a mom reorder a pair because the flip-flop broke and the bow stuff was still good but she couldn't figure out how to transfer the bow attachment to the new pair.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:04

Oooh I have that at home! I will have to try it! How did you keep the bow in place while the glue was drying?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 01:05

love e3600 too.
smells terrible though.
best on the market other than that.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:22

I have made a couple of pair of flip flops and I did like someone else suggested - I tie a loop around the bow around the thong with the elastic thread and then slide my hot glue gun under there for added security with a bead of glue.

HTH!
Amanda
Old 03-04-2008, 04:10

Mindy,
Your idea sounds very interesting to me. I need to make some for my DDGD's softball team. Do you by chance have a picture of the flip flop before you add your bow? I understand the wrapping of the straps, I guess I just need help with the loop.
Thank you so much
Jeri
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18

No, I didn't take a photo. Ok, when you are wrapping, and I found it better not to overlap your wrapping, when you get to the thong area, don't wrap it all the way to it. Stop and actually go over the thong. Like a straight line. Then pick up the wrapping on the other side and continue. You will have a small empty space that isn't connected to the plastic for you to attach your bow to. Glue to bow to the top of the straigh piece and then get your center and wrap around just like you would for a bow. Then if you want you can glue this straight piece to the top of the thong area. This would sound sooo weird if you didn't know I was talking about a flip-flop.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47

If the sewing doesn't work then try E600 glue. It's a industrial glue that you can get a michael's.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults