http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:21

Default Re: how to make a tutu tote bag?

I bought a couple of these bags as birthday gifts and one for my daughter at www.jerseygirlstreasurebox.com and I receive so many compliments.

I love these tutu bags.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/PoshPrincessBows1.jpg
Old 03-19-2011, 10:47

those are sooo cute would like to find a tutorial also will start looking around
Old 03-19-2011, 12:49

those bags are super cute!! I've never seen them before.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:56

I made ava one for ballet class. I did it own my own without a tutorial..it's pretty simple. The tutorial that was listed is actually more time consuming because just by looking at it I can tell that she has you gather the tulle and pin it to the bag to sew it. I use my ruffler foot so I sew it right on to the bag in one step. I think I paid $60 for my foot but that's because I have a pfaff. I think the brother ones run about half that. I also have a embroidery machine so I put her name on it. I don't like them without a name or design...I think they look naked lol. I know I could sell them like crazy if I wanted to but I don't really like making them. I sold 4 the first day of ballet and was like...noooooo!! It was one of the few things I have made for ava and not planned to sell but people keep coming after me.
Yvonne
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01

That is really cute but that tulle would drive me insane under my arm, or having to carry it around.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:41

Is the tulle only on one side? I would think it'd be all the way around, but I dont see any 3/4 view pictures? Also, are they using store bought totes and dressing them up, or is it made from scratch? I'd want mine made from scratch personally... Lol
Mini versions for the toddlers- young girls would be adorable!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
That is really cute but that tulle would drive me insane under my arm, or having to carry it around.
You're quite right about this. A girl in Christine's class has one (very hot pink + poofy) and she won't carry it. She makes her mother do it (and the mom will only carry it by the handles, not over her shoulder).

Having said that, I think they're adorable.. at least to look at. I plan on making Christine something like this during the summer but I'd probably put the tutu effect on only one part.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:17

I would love to try to make one also, they are so cute!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
You're quite right about this. A girl in Christine's class has one (very hot pink + poofy) and she won't carry it. She makes her mother do it (and the mom will only carry it by the handles, not over her shoulder).

Having said that, I think they're adorable.. at least to look at. I plan on making Christine something like this during the summer but I'd probably put the tutu effect on only one part.
Ava has carried hers every week for the past year and so have the other girls I have made them for. I often carry from room to room at home and it doesn't even hit under my arm. I also only use tulle made in the US and it's very soft. This is bugging me now I'll have to take a picture.
Yvonne
Old 03-19-2011, 10:59

here is a free tut:

http://justthe8ofuslynns.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/appletati.png