New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2010, 06:26

Default copy cat!!

Im so frustrated. my mom tells me to not worry and that competition is the best motivation but It ticks me off. There is a "friend" that lives in a town away from me and started making bows right around when I did. we both have fan pages and it seems like as soon as I put a pic of a new bows up shes has one so similar to it the next day. I should feel flattered right??? what do you do in these situations??

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-26-2010, 06:31

Default Re: copy cat!!

Of course she'd need to cooperate in order to do this, but I think just to be mean (because I'm in that kind of mood today) I'd wait until she posts a new bow and then copy one of hers.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieM View Post
Of course she'd need to cooperate in order to do this, but I think just to be mean (because I'm in that kind of mood today) I'd wait until she posts a new bow and then copy one of hers.
LOL! I should totally do that. I just dont want to go there. But I so do!! you know!!!???

Old 04-26-2010, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaschmoolia View Post
LOL! I should totally do that. I just dont want to go there. But I so do!! you know!!!???
IMHO....just do what you do and never mind others! Karma is a B****!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:41

I have the same thing here!!! It's pretty irritating!! Im starting to ignore it now tho =0
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52

Similar situation here. I try to just not discuss anything business related with her, and I do my own thing.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58

Let me feel your pain in the butt for 5 minutes. If you think you are being copied take a look at my stalker.

This is my item I have sold a bunch of

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45587584...s-humming-bird

This is her "newly" listed item!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45627751...op-and-bloomer

Now all this would not be so strange if I did not know her. Many people sell childrens things and I am sure use this fabric. What makes it soooo special is that she contacted me last year through FB stating she was in a class of mine. I dropped her from my page long before she started this little business. She was really creepy and asking all these questions about everything. Well now I know why. I made contact with her in January after I found a pair of my pants on her FB site. I had no idea she even existed a friend that she "friended" told me about it. Her claim was that it was a "custom item. The funny thing was that she had the jeans in a picture of a craft show she did. So much for that custom item. Oh and her husband sent me emails about my children. They are freaks. You just have to feel sorry for these people. It is obviously a need to feel more important then they really are.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
Let me feel your pain in the butt for 5 minutes. If you think you are being copied take a look at my stalker.

This is my item I have sold a bunch of

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45587584...s-humming-bird

This is her "newly" listed item!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45627751...op-and-bloomer

Now all this would not be so strange if I did not know her. Many people sell childrens things and I am sure use this fabric. What makes it soooo special is that she contacted me last year through FB stating she was in a class of mine. I dropped her from my page long before she started this little business. She was really creepy and asking all these questions about everything. Well now I know why. I made contact with her in January after I found a pair of my pants on her FB site. I had no idea she even existed a friend that she "friended" told me about it. Her claim was that it was a "custom item. The funny thing was that she had the jeans in a picture of a craft show she did. So much for that custom item. Oh and her husband sent me emails about my children. They are freaks. You just have to feel sorry for these people. It is obviously a need to feel more important then they really are.
wow! creepy. i know there are alot of similar items being made by people who dont even know each other. whatever thats fine. Its just soooo annoying when its someone you know. I mean the people on here are so inspiring and I do look here for inspiration, however I dont think anyone is close to me to be worried I may still her business. I feel your pain. Uggg!!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:37

Never worry what other people are doing. Don't look at her stuff. Concentrate on what you make and sell. If you do look.....you can always lower price by a 1.00 or offer free shipping.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:43

By lowering prices will have people flock to you....just like everyone are waiting for the next shipment from HH...etc. Why?? Because its inexpensive.... Im not saying lower your prices by alot...but it will bring more people to you and then they can decide if what they bought is worth the second time around.

Always my own opinion only!!
Sponsored Links