150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2010, 11:26

Default Re: copy cat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I agree. When you lower your prices, you de-value your work. Sometimes people will buy from you because you are more expensive....believe it or not. People want to believe they are purchasing a good quality product...not just some cheap mess that someone threw together and want to charge a dollar for it.
Yes I would definatly agree.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47

My favorite part is that she made hers $1 cheaper than yours...wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
Let me feel your pain in the butt for 5 minutes. If you think you are being copied take a look at my stalker.

This is my item I have sold a bunch of

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45587584...s-humming-bird

This is her "newly" listed item!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45627751...op-and-bloomer

Now all this would not be so strange if I did not know her. Many people sell childrens things and I am sure use this fabric. What makes it soooo special is that she contacted me last year through FB stating she was in a class of mine. I dropped her from my page long before she started this little business. She was really creepy and asking all these questions about everything. Well now I know why. I made contact with her in January after I found a pair of my pants on her FB site. I had no idea she even existed a friend that she "friended" told me about it. Her claim was that it was a "custom item. The funny thing was that she had the jeans in a picture of a craft show she did. So much for that custom item. Oh and her husband sent me emails about my children. They are freaks. You just have to feel sorry for these people. It is obviously a need to feel more important then they really are.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05

OMG, not even a competition! There are some customers that will buy the cheapest thing they can find, and others that will actually look for quality. Be confident in your work, and the quality and care you put into it. Don't be afraid of the cheap knock off!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:13

I agrre that you should just be yourself and do your own thing. Sometimes people like this just want attention from you because they admire you so much, my neice does this to my older daughter and it drives her nuts.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfuny View Post
That is the worst advice IMO. If she lowers prices then her competition will lower prices and then the soon-to-be bowmakers will undercut that price even more. Be confident in your products. There are a ton of people who sell bows and there are plenty of sales to be had if you have great quality, style and customer service. Yes there are some people who will flock to cheap things, but once they are used to cheap they sure don't like those prices going up.
Sorry, but I have to agree. Set your items apart by focusing on stunning and clear pictures, selection, and service. I have seen items made with identical materials, that in person probably look the exact same. However, how they are presented (photographs, modeling etc) is what helps one to sell over the other, often even for a higher price.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:37

I just have to put my 2 cents in...

If it makes you feel better, just look at the quality and effort you put in your work vs what she did. If she truely is copying you, know that your original creations are much better than hers because you are taking the time to put the effort in it whereas if she's trying to do the same as you and you can see that hers is lacking so she can hurry to put her work up to. KWIM?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41

I totally know what you mean. I had been making bows for about 6 months before I started selling. My REALLY good friend knew and see all the bows I made and so forth, then the moment I started selling, she wanted to know how to make them. Being the nice person I am...I decided that i would show her if she promised that she was only making them for herself and family...she promised- and lied, not even two weeks later she had bows online and was selling them. It put a real hurting on our friendship and still to this day we are not as good of friends as we were. Our daughters still play together and once in a while we hang out. But I try at all cost to not let her in on any of my stuff. There for a while she was always posting a new bow about a week after me, it gets to me a lot...especially that she is a fan on my Facebook page...I have removed her several times, but she keeps coming back, and comments on my stuff! All i think is that I am moving soon so i don't have to worry much longer. i don't care one bit if someone far away steals my ideas-- cause I do that too. I look on ebay and etsy to find new idea's all the time...but when it is a friend (and we live on a tiny island!) it bothers me!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27

Post Re: copy cat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaschmoolia View Post
take a look at her other stuff to and tell me what you think.
Oh, Julia,

Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. Her product does not compare to yours, your bows are very obviously a superior product, plus she doesn't quite have the "eye" for the bow holders that you do. I absolutely LOVE the purple one, BTW!!! But her products are not quite as stylish or as nice looking as yours. this probably means more repeat customers for you.

I would personally stop putting my product up on FB, that's obviously what she's waiting for you to do....

But as others have noted, good customer service is the key, keep prices the same, maybe occasionally offer free ship or a "plus bonus" like a bow or clippie sent with product--it may work better if it's a suprise.

I love your signature, too!! Sooo cute!

Just my $.02,
Shelleigh

Last edited by Blkhawkfan; 04-27-2010 at 07:31. Reason: typo
Old 04-27-2010, 08:41

This is why I feel so blessed to have come across this site!. you ladies ROCK!! you have boosted my self esteem so much! I know her bows are not as good as mine. ANd I dont whip a new bows out every ten minutes like her. I take pride and time to create a piece of art. many times starting over and over.Ive thought about taking my bows off FB but Im not ready for a website. I may try a Blog. I am going to de-fan her though. Thanks Ladies!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:44

Smile Re: copy cat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I agree. When you lower your prices, you de-value your work. Sometimes people will buy from you because you are more expensive....believe it or not. People want to believe they are purchasing a good quality product...not just some cheap mess that someone threw together and want to charge a dollar for it.
I totally agree with you.
Eulalia
www.annebows.com
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg