http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2010, 08:54

Default Re: copy cat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
By lowering prices will have people flock to you....just like everyone are waiting for the next shipment from HH...etc. Why?? Because its inexpensive.... Im not saying lower your prices by alot...but it will bring more people to you and then they can decide if what they bought is worth the second time around.

Always my own opinion only!!

That IMO is a great suggestion!! Also, maybe do a deal on 2 or throw in a matching hair bow (un-advertised) to show your appreciation to your customers. I have alot of repeat customers say that they like me b/c I am appreciative of their business. Deals and GREAT customer service are key! You can catch more flies with honey!!
Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
By lowering prices will have people flock to you....just like everyone are waiting for the next shipment from HH...etc. Why?? Because its inexpensive.... Im not saying lower your prices by alot...but it will bring more people to you and then they can decide if what they bought is worth the second time around.

Always my own opinion only!!
That is the worst advice IMO. If she lowers prices then her competition will lower prices and then the soon-to-be bowmakers will undercut that price even more. Be confident in your products. There are a ton of people who sell bows and there are plenty of sales to be had if you have great quality, style and customer service. Yes there are some people who will flock to cheap things, but once they are used to cheap they sure don't like those prices going up.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08

Same thing happened to me from a "friend" and it happens with other children's shops too that I compete with. I get jacked up about it everytime that it happens. I talked to several business people who have run successful businesses and they suggested that I keep doing what I do best since it has been working.

I get mad for a couple of days but use that anger to fuel the fire under my butt and get me motivated to come up with something new and revamp my site or add a new product...something!! I personally wouldn't lower my prices. Running a special isn't a bad idea though.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiej View Post
Same thing happened to me from a "friend" and it happens with other children's shops too that I compete with. I get jacked up about it everytime that it happens. I talked to several business people who have run successful businesses and they suggested that I keep doing what I do best since it has been working.

I get mad for a couple of days but use that anger to fuel the fire under my butt and get me motivated to come up with something new and revamp my site or add a new product...something!! I personally wouldn't lower my prices. Running a special isn't a bad idea though.

Very true. Good advice! This one steals the words from other peoples pages. She is a sad copycat. I am sure all the views on this item now she thinks she is doing so great. LOL
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25

Thank you all for your input. I will prob not lower my prices. I have to get out of this hole from all the supplies. I am having a bow party the 8th and hope to get my name out there more and I'll offer a sale then. I LOVE this site and just pray she doesnt come across it.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:32

ok heres what Im talking about!!! she just posted this new bow holder. I know its awful but its the same concept as mine!

Mine...
http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?i...12867702069496

Please keep in mind this was the first one I ever made. I dont do the tulle anymore unless they really want it

hers...

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?i...10337225663175

not the same same, but has the fuzz and the same colors. UGGG!

take a look at her other stuff to and tell me what you think.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:29

If it makes you feel any better, all her bows look a bit off center. The centers look to be all shifted to the right a bit.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfuny View Post
That is the worst advice IMO. If she lowers prices then her competition will lower prices and then the soon-to-be bowmakers will undercut that price even more. Be confident in your products. There are a ton of people who sell bows and there are plenty of sales to be had if you have great quality, style and customer service. Yes there are some people who will flock to cheap things, but once they are used to cheap they sure don't like those prices going up.

I agree. When you lower your prices, you de-value your work. Sometimes people will buy from you because you are more expensive....believe it or not. People want to believe they are purchasing a good quality product...not just some cheap mess that someone threw together and want to charge a dollar for it.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSelf View Post
If it makes you feel any better, all her bows look a bit off center. The centers look to be all shifted to the right a bit.
I agree. Someone needs to tell her she needs more practice. They are not great at all. The clippies are kinda sloppy as well. Wow.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:19

They are not as cute as yours are.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif