Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-24-2010, 11:42

Talking does any one make and sell hair bow bouquet

I already started making two for my self for a cute display thing. and have a few flowers and bees and butterflys in it. paint it and make it look all cute. So my question is does any one make and sell them at shows. How many flowers/bow/clippies do you put in each pott? How much could you sell them for? i have been looking online and they are going for like 40-50 bucks to me that seems like alot. i was thinking about 20ish for about 8ish flower clippies, laydys and bees... have it painted one color and have a bow wraped around it.
What you ladys think any one do this. I would prob only be able to take orders for these thought since i have 20 month old and due again in july. But do you think they will sell well? Or no?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-24-2010, 12:59

Default Re: does any one make and sell hair bow bouquet

I agree $40-$50 seems waaay too much! How much do you charge for your bows/clips normally? I'd add it up then subtract 10-15%. Love to see pics of what you've done! Congrats on the upcoming baby I'm due in July too.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishes&kisses View Post
I agree $40-$50 seems waaay too much! How much do you charge for your bows/clips normally? I'd add it up then subtract 10-15%. Love to see pics of what you've done! Congrats on the upcoming baby I'm due in July too.

Ya but the ones that were like 40-50 had ALOT of bows on it and seemed a little over crowded. The flower clips and bugs i was going to add are all 2 $ and was thinking of having like 8 on each pot.. so was thinkign 20 bucks would seem far. Also it kinda doubles as a bow holder cause you can easly buy new bows/more and add them on. Thanks i am due july 17 with another baby girl..
Old 04-24-2010, 01:41

I've made some before, and they are expensive to make. Mine had over $40 retail worth of bows. Then you have the container, foliage and time putting it all together so I definitely wouldn't be subtracting any money. I don't even try to sell them, just give them as gifts at baby showers
Old 04-24-2010, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfuny View Post
I've made some before, and they are expensive to make. Mine had over $40 retail worth of bows. Then you have the container, foliage and time putting it all together so I definitely wouldn't be subtracting any money. I don't even try to sell them, just give them as gifts at baby showers

Do you have a picture to show??
Old 04-24-2010, 01:58

I made one for an auction donation that I posted the other day that had a total of $105 worth of stuff, plus I spent almost $30 on the supplies. I wouldn't make them to sell because they are too much work and take a long time to put together for me because I'm pretty OCD. I couldn't imagine making one and selling it for $20 or even $50. My bows may be a little higher than most, but I'm not working for peanuts. LOL!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I made one for an auction donation that I posted the other day that had a total of $105 worth of stuff, plus I spent almost $30 on the supplies. I wouldn't make them to sell because they are too much work and take a long time to put together for me because I'm pretty OCD. I couldn't imagine making one and selling it for $20 or even $50. My bows may be a little higher than most, but I'm not working for peanuts. LOL!
Do you have any pictures to share
Old 04-24-2010, 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbean17 View Post
Do you have any pictures to share
I do. I got the container for more than 75% off at Michaels in the Easter clearance bin, so it was like $2.60. I couldn't believe it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bow Bouquet.jpg (64.8 KB, 165 views)
Old 04-24-2010, 03:04

Quote:
I do. I got the container for more than 75% off at Michaels in the Easter clearance bin, so it was like $2.60. I couldn't believe it.
that is super cute
Old 04-24-2010, 03:36

ooh! i got one too but it looks like a blue picket fence...maybe i should put it to better use than just storage......

Quote:
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies