http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-24-2010, 11:00

Default Re: How to make better korkers???

I love hearing about your korker making process, but my question is this...with the korkers being so time intensive to make, and using so much ribbon, how can you afford to make them...I'm charging $4 each, and I feel like I'm not breaking even after I put the cost of supplies and my labor. Maybe I'm just too slow at making them...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2010, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by happels View Post
I love hearing about your korker making process, but my question is this...with the korkers being so time intensive to make, and using so much ribbon, how can you afford to make them...I'm charging $4 each, and I feel like I'm not breaking even after I put the cost of supplies and my labor. Maybe I'm just too slow at making them...
that's what I was wondering. In this area, I can sell them for $5-$7 easily. I haven't tried to sell any on etsy yet though.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocelita View Post
Joann, I could help but noticed your pretty konkers' card looks to be the business card that you can get a vistaprint. That is a brilliant idea. It could save me so much ink if I didn't have to print my own and $ too. I will be ordering some now (of course a different design). So that ways when, and if I start selling bows I'll have all my supply ready *fingers cross*
It is one of the business cards from Vistaprint. I use the postcards for FOE headbands, too. Got my banner from them and also my 'return address' labels from them, too. I use them on my bags at shows....only I don't put my address on them, I use company name, business addy and my business email on them. Just gives my plain white bags a special touch. Most of these ideas aren't mine (except the labels on the bags)...I got the ideas either from here or other lists I belong to. Right now I'm stocking up on Vistaprint's carry-all khaki bags that have my company name on them. I figure I can use them in grocery stores and get some free advertising! Take advantage of any of Vistaprint's free things! (free except for shipping, which I always pick the cheapest way to ship).

Joanne
Old 04-24-2010, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall52 View Post
It is one of the business cards from Vistaprint. I use the postcards for FOE headbands, too. Got my banner from them and also my 'return address' labels from them, too. I use them on my bags at shows....only I don't put my address on them, I use company name, business addy and my business email on them. Just gives my plain white bags a special touch. Most of these ideas aren't mine (except the labels on the bags)...I got the ideas either from here or other lists I belong to. Right now I'm stocking up on Vistaprint's carry-all khaki bags that have my company name on them. I figure I can use them in grocery stores and get some free advertising! Take advantage of any of Vistaprint's free things! (free except for shipping, which I always pick the cheapest way to ship).

Joanne
How do you get free stuff from Vista? The only things I seen free were the business cards. Can you get free postcards and etc?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:52

Yeah, you can! I get 'spam' mail from Vistaprint all the time because I order from them regularly. Check your junk mail file and make sure it isn't going in there, cause once you order from Vistaprint you're on their list!

Joanne
Old 04-24-2010, 09:03

wow some of yours are so cute. I used to make the big ones and stopped since they didn't look so full but now I do the mini ones with 6-8 pieces and they are cute. When you do the 30 do you stitch at the 1/2 point or the ends? Oh also I loved the 1/8 ones someone had too cute!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by happels View Post
Depends on whether you're going to make them on a regular basis or just once in a while. I've got a plastic shoe box full of korkers that aren't sewed together yet. It's going to cost you just as much to bake a lot of dowels as it is to bake just a few. So just do a whole bunch of them at once. (baking, cutting, etc.) Then put them together when you've got more time. Repetition saves lots of time!

Joanne
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinephillips View Post
wow some of yours are so cute. I used to make the big ones and stopped since they didn't look so full but now I do the mini ones with 6-8 pieces and they are cute. When you do the 30 do you stitch at the 1/2 point or the ends? Oh also I loved the 1/8 ones someone had too cute!
Mine were the 1/8" ones. I sew at approximately 1/2 mark.

Joanne
Old 04-24-2010, 10:52

I love the ones with 1/8" ribbon!!! They are sooo cute!!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:57

Thank you!

Joanne

Last edited by jhall52; 01-08-2011 at 10:16.
Sponsored Links