New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-23-2010, 02:07

Default Magic tutu copyright?

ok, I swagged Magic Tutu and there seems to be a BOOK by that name, so I am not even sure she came up with the name, she does still have the TM behind her name on her new website

the book
http://www.themagictutu.com/welcome/

The site
http://magictutu.com/

Last edited by ThreeBlessingsBowtique; 04-23-2010 at 02:12.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-23-2010, 02:13

Default Re: Magic tutu copyright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
Yep, I posted that in the original thread. Amy Arnez wrote the book so the trademark the magic tutu lady supposedly has is BS.
ok sorry, I have not been around, I will go back to lurking again, lol

Old 04-23-2010, 02:18

i sent them an email letting them know about the crazy lady cause they may want to do something about it...personally i wouldn't want my brand associated with someone like that
Old 04-23-2010, 02:34

OMG!!!! I love Amy Arnaz! She just sent me the best response to my email!!!! as far as the copyright goes...crazy girl gets around the copyright by sticking the word "shoppe" on the end...but seriously...Amy Arnaz totally ROCKS!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:39

Maybe thats why she took her shop down. It did happen after you ladies told her that her name belonged to a book.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:29

Dear Ladies~
I certainly do appreciate this conversation regarding "The Magic Tutu" ~ a term I personally coined & copyrighted about 7 years ago. Originally, The Magic Tutu was a ballet with copyrighted music that I wrote & choreographed for the youngest ballerinas in my ballet school. Following the presentation of the ballet, I used the script from the ballet to compose The Magic Tutu book, which I sell at TheMagicTutu.com (not magictutu.com) My copyright includes the word "The" and yes, The Magic Tutu is my creation and even has a logo that was drawn by one of my little dancers. A few years ago another woman wanted to use The Magic Tutu as the name of a children's book she was writing but changed the name to "Ava & The Magic Tutu" when she realized the name was already in use. I appreciated that! The Magic Tutu means the world to me, to my little dancers & their parents, to folks in my community and it brings income into our non-profit ballet company ~ Boulder City Ballet Company ~ in a time when grants are sparse and donations are withering. Thank you for you concern regarding my copyright. Integrity, honesty & love are part of what The Magic Tutu represents. You see, it's more than a "tutu" ~ it represents All that is Good and Kind. Thank you. Lots of love, Amy Arnaz
Old 04-26-2010, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyArnaz View Post
Dear Ladies~
I certainly do appreciate this conversation regarding "The Magic Tutu" ~ a term I personally coined & copyrighted about 7 years ago. Originally, The Magic Tutu was a ballet with copyrighted music that I wrote & choreographed for the youngest ballerinas in my ballet school. Following the presentation of the ballet, I used the script from the ballet to compose The Magic Tutu book, which I sell at TheMagicTutu.com (not magictutu.com) My copyright includes the word "The" and yes, The Magic Tutu is my creation and even has a logo that was drawn by one of my little dancers. A few years ago another woman wanted to use The Magic Tutu as the name of a children's book she was writing but changed the name to "Ava & The Magic Tutu" when she realized the name was already in use. I appreciated that! The Magic Tutu means the world to me, to my little dancers & their parents, to folks in my community and it brings income into our non-profit ballet company ~ Boulder City Ballet Company ~ in a time when grants are sparse and donations are withering. Thank you for you concern regarding my copyright. Integrity, honesty & love are part of what The Magic Tutu represents. You see, it's more than a "tutu" ~ it represents All that is Good and Kind. Thank you. Lots of love, Amy Arnaz
Its so nice to hear someone doing such wonderful things for children!!! Its nice to hear such positive things. Thanks for posting and much appreciation for your non-profit work and its SO nice to see someone with such obvious passion for what they do! It shows through your post! Thanks for brightening our day!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:42

Thank you so much, Amy! This is a real happy ending!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:35

Wow that is neat. I have never read the book but looking at a press release for the Magic tutu shoppe I am wondering if she has the book. All the descriptions of how her product makes her feel is a bit like this book. Very interesting.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif