new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-23-2010, 11:10

Default Re: Looking for Colores Doming Resin Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
Hi Ladies,

What are you using to mix it up in? I used medicine cups to measure and then pour it in a plastic cup to mix. I am running out of medicine cups!!!
Hipgirls has this in their store:

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...oducts_id=7121

HTH
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50

after 8 hours i put mine in the oven 150 temp for 60mins....
Old 04-23-2010, 05:50

I only use this resin now - never ET - hate the stuff. I use a child'spaintbrush to apply product, spread to edges, wait, wait, wait - 15 - 20 min, then blow on them through a straw. LEt them sit, and then overnight I put them in the oven for 3hrs on 120 or whatever it is they suggest. I used to do it for 1 hr on 150 - but I was getting some random big bubbles. Not worth it.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:04

This is what I do:

I pour 1/4 oz of the 1011(resin) into the little cup and then add 1/4 oz of the hardener. I fold for roughly 70 seconds, then let sit for 5-10 minutes. While its sitting, I prepare my surface, which happens to be a pan lined with wax paper, and put my caps onto the pan.

I use a medicine syringe thing that came from Walgreens to put the resin onto my caps. I have better control over it this way. I drop a bit into the middle of one, move to the next one, and then do a third. I go back to the first one and run the dropper around the outside of the images to seal, then gently coax the resin in the middle to meet the edges. Then I do the other two. Repeat until all caps are done.

After I have all of my caps resined, I put them in the oven (off) for an hour. I then carefully take them out and run a lighter over them to pop bubbles. I put them back into the oven, do the lighter again an hour later, and pop back into the oven. I let them sit overnight. The next morning, I turn on the oven to 150 and shut if off. I let it sit while I'm at work. When I come home, they are perfect. I did 40 caps last night and not one has a bubble.

This is my way to do it. I trialed and errored until I figured out what worked.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:19

Feeling GREAT! I did 20 caps. Not one bubble! I love the way the caps look. I wonder about the seal around the edges, though. I just dropped the mixture in the center and let it spread. Now I have a couple more questions...

1. I'm still wondering about storage. Can I leave the applicator tips on and just cap them, or do I need to remove and put the screw cap back on?

2. Doesn't the mentioned medicine dropper get filled with resin? How might you clean it to reuse it?

3. Finally...how much can I charge for these puppies? I used to add a dollar to a bow for my old bottlecaps...and I charged $2 for a clippie with cap glued on. Think I can get more now that they have this fabulous dome?

Thanks. Ladies...Oh, and if anyone else has a description of their Colores Doming Resin process, I would still love to hear it.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:46

Monkey maybe I didn't word that right. I mix 1/4 of each to make a total of 1/2oz. Is that not right?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy View Post
Monkey maybe I didn't word that right. I mix 1/4 of each to make a total of 1/2oz. Is that not right?
That's right.

Medicine dropper: I clean it really well after use. I rinse it out really well, pushing water in and out until I get the majority of the resin out. If I have some acetone available, I'll QUICKLY run it through. If you don't do it quickly it will eat the dropper. I'm going to need a new dropper soon.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:47

yes that is correct a 1.1 solution so you use 1/4 resin to a 1/4 hardner. I have a printed sheet that they gave me at Rio Grande I'd be happy to scan and email you a copy , I'm sorry the way I read it at first I thought you were using 1/4 resin and 1/2 hardner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy View Post

Last edited by NewMexicoGirl; 04-24-2010 at 06:52.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyBoutiqueq View Post
yes that is correct a 1.1 solution so you use 1/4 resin to a 1/4 hardner. I have a printed sheet that they gave me at Rio Grande I'd be happy to scan and email you a copy , I'm sorry the way I read it at first I thought you were using 1/4 resin and 1/2 hardner.
Thanks for the offer, but I got a copy with my order. Great instructions aren't they? LOL They don't give you alot of info.
Sponsored Links

Tags
colores, doming, resin, tips