printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-17-2010, 08:10

Default preemie headband

I was asked to make a preemie headband with korkers. I've got the korkers down. I'm at a total loss on how to make/find a headband.

The baby is a 31 weeker. I'd like it to be adjustable if at all possible!

Thank you!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:35

Default Re: preemie headband

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairn00b View Post
I was asked to make a preemie headband with korkers. I've got the korkers down. I'm at a total loss on how to make/find a headband.

The baby is a 31 weeker. I'd like it to be adjustable if at all possible!

Thank you!
How sweet my daughter was born at 33 weeks and was itty bitty
How about a foe headband? Not sure how to make it adjustable thought
Old 04-17-2010, 09:19

awww that is very sweet of you. I think I would stick with foe, both my girls were preemies and their skin was very sensitive. I wouldn't want to add anything to make it adjustable at this point, just in case it might irritate her little head.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:41

My son was born at 30 weeks and my grandson was born at 27 weeks. Stay with the FOE and only a couple of korker ribbons on the korker, or you could even do the 1/8" elastic with a small flower. You don't want anything large or heavy on their precious little heads. They are every frigile at this age. Good luck and God bless the new baby.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:55

Thanks everyone!

the korker i'm going to make (the korker itself is made, haven't put it together yet ) is two strips of 3/8's inch, then some 1/8th inch. super small.

so i found the FOE tutorial, how many inches for a preemie? She said newborn is 12 inches. I don't want too big, or too small.

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairn00b View Post
Thanks everyone!

the korker i'm going to make (the korker itself is made, haven't put it together yet ) is two strips of 3/8's inch, then some 1/8th inch. super small.

so i found the FOE tutorial, how many inches for a preemie? She said newborn is 12 inches. I don't want too big, or too small.

Thanks everyone!
hmmm, an average newborn headband is about 13" but maybe you could ask her the size just so if fits her perfect.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:01

I just googled it and found this....

Preemies
2 - 3 lbs 1.4 kg
Head Circumference 10" - 11 1/4"

4 - 5 lbs 2 kg
Head Circumference 11 1/2" - 12 1/2"

My daughters was 4 lbs at 33 weeks
Hope this helps
Old 04-17-2010, 10:07

I had a 28 week. she was no bigger than a beanie baby. But this is what I did. That a pair of woman's knee highs panty hose cut off the foot part and the part that holds on to your leg. Sew both ends together and then glue ribbon around so that she can have adjustable and very soft headband. Hope that makes sense. if you need more info please pm me.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...s/108159037935
Old 04-18-2010, 10:34
Banned

someone has posted previously an incredibly cleaver idea- they use bra strap sliders to make their foe headbands adjustable. That might work, but I would really be worried with anything extra to press into the head.

To the person who posted this idea origionally- I am very sorry I did not remember your name!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:54

My daughter was a 25 weeker. I wish I would have made bows when she was born,she would have been all decked out I would think a nylon headband or FOE would be the best choice. The nylon headband I would think would stretch out a little more as she grows. I would stay away from the bra strap slider just because their skin is so sensitive and she will be sleeping alot so that might dig in to her skin.

Sponsored Links