Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/46202-plastic-giant-gerberas-michaels.html)

melham 04-13-2010 08:10

Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Micheales has these really cool giant gerberas, but they have a hard plastic on the back two layers. My glue gun glue peeled right off the plastic. Does anyone have any experience with these? THANKS!

foxybabydesigns 04-13-2010 08:34

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
I've bought several big daisies at Micheal's. I'm not sure I get the exact same ones, but I always remove the plastic from the flowers. Even the little plastic pieces between the petals.

HTH.

melham 04-13-2010 08:38

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Yeh, I know what you mean.. but these are attached an don't come off - even if you tugged. It is part of the petal. Wierd!

Fleece3 04-13-2010 08:43

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
i bought those same flower, they are beautiful! i was able to use regular hot glue on it. i use a high temp hot glue gun though?

melham 04-13-2010 09:41

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzy bottoms (Post 514684)
i bought those same flower, they are beautiful! i was able to use regular hot glue on it. i use a high temp hot glue gun though?

Just curious... did you try to pull it apart?
Maybe I will try again and see if I tried the "tug test" to early? I LOVE THEM and would really like to use them. I have a new Aleene's hot temp gun.

pinkygirl79 04-13-2010 11:10

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Speaking of the Giant Gerberas did you see that they are on sale for .99 Great deal. I had to stop myself from buying them all.

melham 04-13-2010 11:14

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Yes and the regular stem gerberas are $.75.
Wowsa!!
So did you try gluing them?

pinkygirl79 04-13-2010 11:22

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Mine don't have the plastic stuck to the back? I took them apart easily..75??? for the regular size?? Were they by the giant Gerberas. I wanted to by some and they wore more than the giant at my store.

pinkydoodledesigns 04-14-2010 03:32

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkygirl79 (Post 514877)
Mine don't have the plastic stuck to the back? I took them apart easily..75??? for the regular size?? Were they by the giant Gerberas. I wanted to by some and they wore more than the giant at my store.

Yeppers..the regular size gerbera daisies are on sale for .75. Usually they are $1.99. I had to stop myself as well from buying them all. I love them:)

jessica987644 04-14-2010 03:43

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
I went to michaels today and got them for .75. They were out of a buncch of colors though.

cbettua 04-14-2010 03:45

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkydoodledesigns (Post 515593)
Yeppers..the regular size gerbera daisies are on sale for .75. Usually they are $1.99. I had to stop myself as well from buying them all. I love them:)


Oh My, I was just there last night and saw 1.99 and just left them. Now I want to go back. :amanda:

arcmis 04-15-2010 05:37

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
I used some for bow holders and I put a TON of hot glue on them and then a piece of felt around the ribbon to finish it off...still holding even when I loaded them with a bunch of 5" bows...HTH

melham 04-15-2010 05:55

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Maybe, I will try that.

OBABY 04-15-2010 06:07

Re: Plastic on Giant Gerberas from Michaels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by melham (Post 514655)
Micheales has these really cool giant gerberas, but they have a hard plastic on the back two layers. My glue gun glue peeled right off the plastic. Does anyone have any experience with these? THANKS!

I glued some felt on the back and of course without the big plastic piece, they hold their shape pretty well!
HTH


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger