new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-13-2010, 12:06

Default Twisted Boutique Bows

Ok, I've tried to make the twisted boutique bows and I just can't seem to get it! I don't use any of the templates. Can anybody teach me how to do this without the templates? Any help would be awesome!
Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2010, 12:17

Default Re: Twisted Boutique Bows

try making a figure 8 that's the technique I used at the beginning
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43

The figure out method is by far the easiest for me. I tried pinning and sewing but I just couldn't get the right look. (and I kept poking myself in the finger. lol) A Jumbo salon clip from Sallys beauty supply and tying it work great! (you can even give it a stitch or two after to secure it more if you want)

The only thing aside from practicing on the same piece of ribbon and undoing it a million times... is that you want your figure 8 to look like a LONG figure 8, stretched out figure 8.. not a rounded one. Does that make sense? And you want your ribbons to form an X on one side, and to have two lines parallel to each other on the other, before you tie it or stitch it. When I first started doing them I tried to overlap them too much and one set of loops was always bigger than the other. Figured out I wasn't lining the ribbon up right. It really does matter. A lot! Even if it slips just a bit it can mess up the whole finished bow.

Keep practicing! You'll get it!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47

Here is a tut to use for the figure 8.
http://tutusbowsandmore.com/pages/bo...winstructs.htm
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56

I found the figure 8 method is the only one that I can do too. I started making bows about 3 or 4 months ago and I tried then but could not seem to get it. I sat down and tied the same ribbon a million times to finally get it. hth
Old 08-29-2010, 06:10

Talking Re: Twisted Boutique Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
The figure out method is by far the easiest for me. I tried pinning and sewing but I just couldn't get the right look. (and I kept poking myself in the finger. lol) A Jumbo salon clip from Sallys beauty supply and tying it work great! (you can even give it a stitch or two after to secure it more if you want)

The only thing aside from practicing on the same piece of ribbon and undoing it a million times... is that you want your figure 8 to look like a LONG figure 8, stretched out figure 8.. not a rounded one. Does that make sense? And you want your ribbons to form an X on one side, and to have two lines parallel to each other on the other, before you tie it or stitch it. When I first started doing them I tried to overlap them too much and one set of loops was always bigger than the other. Figured out I wasn't lining the ribbon up right. It really does matter. A lot! Even if it slips just a bit it can mess up the whole finished bow.

Keep practicing! You'll get it!
OMG!!! I see that this and old post but I just had to say thanks for this explanation of the figure eight! I have been making bows for about 6 mos now and still was unhappy with my bows, I mean they just weren't up to my standards Anyway I was searching for jumbo bows cause I have a client that wants a 2 1/4" ribbon bow and it just wasn't coming out right. By making a long figure eight instead a round one, it is now PERFECT!!!!! thanks!!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35

You're welcome! I'm glad it helped!!

Old 08-30-2010, 08:14

I use the old fashioned mark and measure way!
It works for me and my bows are perky, I don't starch.
I use 17" of ribbon and mark .5" in from each end and then mark centre and mid points and then fold.
When I fold I lift the ribbon up and over to create a perky loop instead of folding flat. Then running stitch the centre, wrap and pull.

The fold takes a little practice but the results are good.

heres a pic of one of mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06219_edited.jpg (34.3 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.