5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-12-2010, 04:42

Default Help rolling ribbon with drill!

Hi ladies! Can you give me tips on rolling ribbon into rolls with a drill? I have a lot of ribbon from gbs that I need to roll and haven't ever tried a drill. I attempted to and it worked great EXCEPT that the ribbon keeps twisting - do you have to periodically stop and straighten the ribbon out before you roll it or am I doing something wrong??
TIA!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:52

Default Re: Help rolling ribbon with drill!

I don't know, interested in finding out myself.

On an unrelated note, did you ever hear back about Spring Daze?

Check out my complete bow tuturial listed on Etsy!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieColeman View Post
I don't know, interested in finding out myself.

On an unrelated note, did you ever hear back about Spring Daze?
I missed the deadlines for both spring and lazy daze. But thats ok becuase I've been insanely busy with online stuff and the one show that I did do was a total flop. (no traffic) Anyway, I haven't decided whether I really want to do shows or not, especially if I keep being busy online.

I am coming to spring daze tho, to shop! And like I said before I'm coming to see you!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22

Well, it stinks you missed the deadline. But am very happy you are doing well online. I love your site, it looks really good and is easy to navigate. I still want to get a dress from you for Alex, just have to wait until I have some extra money. I do love the one with the ruffle.

I can't wait to meet you! I am very excited.

Can you do me a favor when you get a chance? Can you look at my webiste and let me know what you think? It is www.LittlePurpleDragonfly.com I just started it and need some opinions.

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2-4 View Post
I missed the deadlines for both spring and lazy daze. But thats ok becuase I've been insanely busy with online stuff and the one show that I did do was a total flop. (no traffic) Anyway, I haven't decided whether I really want to do shows or not, especially if I keep being busy online.

I am coming to spring daze tho, to shop! And like I said before I'm coming to see you!

Check out my complete bow tuturial listed on Etsy!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:29

Did you try putting a piece of cardboard or a cardboard disk on the bit before you started? Also pull the ribbon back slightly from the front. It should keep it a little straighter. Works best with three hands but if you're not an alien or extremely gifted, a cooperative DH helps.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieColeman View Post
Well, it stinks you missed the deadline. But am very happy you are doing well online. I love your site, it looks really good and is easy to navigate. I still want to get a dress from you for Alex, just have to wait until I have some extra money. I do love the one with the ruffle.

I can't wait to meet you! I am very excited.

Can you do me a favor when you get a chance? Can you look at my webiste and let me know what you think? It is www.LittlePurpleDragonfly.com I just started it and need some opinions.

Thanks so much!
I think it looks great! You have good descriptions, have your warning about small parts and clearly state your turn around time, also the pictures are clear. I also like that the pictures are all the same size - for instance when I'm looking at the scrabble tile necklaces each the pictures are even and centered and the same size. Some of mine aren't the same size and it drives me nuts. LOL

If you want me to be super nit picky I would probably put a white background behind your items. But thats just me - some prefer the darker background!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollywogbows View Post
Did you try putting a piece of cardboard or a cardboard disk on the bit before you started? Also pull the ribbon back slightly from the front. It should keep it a little straighter. Works best with three hands but if you're not an alien or extremely gifted, a cooperative DH helps.
Thanks! I haven't tried the cardboard disk - and I can always bribe my DH to help. LOL jk
Old 04-12-2010, 10:27

okay totally the greatest idea EVER that someone posted on here a little while back...
popsicle sticks! Take 2 and put them in the end of your drill...put the end of the ribbon inbetween the 2 sticks...start the drill slowly then...your off! when its done, put a pin or tape it and it should just pull right off!
I rolled all my peppy stripe ribbon this way...if not it would all still be sitting in the box it came it!
-Amanda
Sponsored Links