150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:11

Default Re: AMAZING tutu!

her tutus are amazing
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdiechic View Post

is it illegal to claim you have copyright when you don't?
No. There are certain advantages to purchasing a copyright, however if you WRITE something such as a tutorial you are automatically protected under copyright laws if it is an original work.

They just do not apply to designs or color combos, only the written instructions to make the design

I love her tutus, but she does not have a copyright to them and there is no way she could get one. She would have to get trademark for the names and a patten for the design. Unless she writes a tutorial for the design a copyright does not even apply here.

Krista
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
huh??
Huh?? Sums it all up!! She has a right to be disappointed because others are now trying to copy her own original design!!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamorous_bowtique View Post
Huh?? Sums it all up!! She has a right to be disappointed because others are now trying to copy her own original design!!

My only intention of posting the original link was because I truely think the tutus are great! I don't see anything wrong with trying to figure it out, or something close. There isn't anything that is "yours". Ya know? Someone is always going to recreate what you've done. There isn't much you can do about it.

If she isn't you, but has seen and posted to this thread, I think she could have sold about 20 tuts already! I know I'd buy one! There are some very creative people out there and just by looking at something can figure it out. So why not make some $ off of that?

I didn't mean to offend any one. Were all here on this board sharing ideas and brain storming together. I think that's what's great about HG!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamorous_bowtique View Post
Lol, I'm sorry but you make no sense. I was saying Huh because I had no clue what your original post was "hinting" at.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if she is going to be in this business she better put her big girl panties on and suck it up. People are going to copy you! PERIOD! I'm sure the first person to make a tutu isn't to happy that she is scamming their idea. Or any of the rest of us that make tutus. But there's nothing that can be done about it. Once you put it out there it's free game. Her tutu's just happen to be beautiful and that draws a lot of us other business women to figure them out and make a profit for ourselves. That's the world of business.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
No. There are certain advantages to purchasing a copyright, however if you WRITE something such as a tutorial you are automatically protected under copyright laws if it is an original work.

They just do not apply to designs or color combos, only the written instructions to make the design

I love her tutus, but she does not have a copyright to them and there is no way she could get one. She would have to get trademark for the names and a patten for the design. Unless she writes a tutorial for the design a copyright does not even apply here.

Krista

You your pattern is the only thing that is protected not the product. I can't resell your pattern but I can sell your product.

I have to say that people that post the kind of crap that she does about the copyrights to try and scare off a bit of competition make me very angry. Please go site your FAKE copyright info somewhere else. It is tutu. It would be like me making a peasant top and saying I own it because I iron it a certain way.

I have seen this tutu in another place before and trying to remember were. I think it was Angel babies. It is 2 tutus in one. I think it is the double band method and she ties or sews knot on the end. You wrap the band with the under part colors then you lace the white color though the band and pull it down to the bottom. Is is like a lattice type knot tutu.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybasics View Post
My only intention of posting the original link was because I truely think the tutus are great! I don't see anything wrong with trying to figure it out, or something close. There isn't anything that is "yours". Ya know? Someone is always going to recreate what you've done. There isn't much you can do about it.

If she isn't you, but has seen and posted to this thread, I think she could have sold about 20 tuts already! I know I'd buy one! There are some very creative people out there and just by looking at something can figure it out. So why not make some $ off of that?

I didn't mean to offend any one. Were all here on this board sharing ideas and brain storming together. I think that's what's great about HG!
You did nothing wrong. We are all entitled to try to recreate things people put out there. And you are right, she would be smart to sell tuts because lots of the women out there are very creative and will figure it out on their own eventually anyway.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
You your pattern is the only thing that is protected not the product. I can't resell your pattern but I can sell your product.

I have to say that people that post the kind of crap that she does about the copyrights to try and scare off a bit of competition make me very angry. Please go site your FAKE copyright info somewhere else. It is tutu. It would be like me making a peasant top and saying I own it because I iron it a certain way.

I have seen this tutu in another place before and trying to remember were. I think it was Angel babies. It is 2 tutus in one. I think it is the double band method and she ties or sews knot on the end. You wrap the band with the under part colors then you lace the white color though the band and pull it down to the bottom. Is is like a lattice type knot tutu.
I wish I could picture what you are explaining. LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 09:09

Let me go look for the tutorial that I have.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
Let me go look for the tutorial that I have.

Ok so a double band like a dress tutu. 2 Elastic bands. Your under layer is the colors and the next layer is the white. Then you bring it all together and tie it. That is what I see. I have to try it out. That or she is threading the white through the colored part then adding the petti at the bottom.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Closed Thread