New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:58

Default Re: AMAZING tutu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I think everyone thinks their ideas are original. I've come up with at least 3 different designs that I've never posted and then all of a sudden I'm searching etsy and "Whaaaaaaaa? I thought I made that up?"

I think to an extent, we all copy each other. There was a first for the twisted boutique bow, the tutu dress, and the singed flower. I bet the original inventors of these designs are HOT (mad)! Everyone is copying them....LOL!

It's nothing wrong with wanting to create something equally as beautiful as her design, if you make it your own.
I agree that everything is copied to a point. I'm just saying if you have to actually purchase the item and tear it apart to figure out how she does it, maybe the time would be better spent coming up with something on your own
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49
strawberrybaby

She will do better selling the tut than the actual tutu.

I bet you she is excited right now at all the viewings her tutu's have on Etsy. lol
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post

I bet you she is excited right now at all the viewings her tutu's have on Etsy. lol
LOL that is exactly what I thought right now.....If she knew how much money she would be doing right now by selling the tut I bet she would think about it probally more than she has allready made selling them.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolinasbows View Post
I read her copyright under the description and she has that you cant make a tutu with the same color combination, you got to be kidding me.
Well... she can trademark names like...

Candyland Party Princess
Orange Marmalade Pixie
Pink Lemonade Party Princess

...but she does NOT own the legal right to the actual color combinations she used. Feel free to use light green, brown, and cream together ("fresh mint color, ...yummy chocolate and vanilla cream") - just don't call it "Mint Chip Princess".
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post

And if she has Google analytics set up she is probably reading this thread too
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34

I didn't really think of it that way... but I live in TN, and also don't sell on etsy, so I don't think I would be hurting her business in any way. And he one I bought is going to be worn by DD in her 3 month pics, so its not just to get the idea of making it. I do love that on here we can all voice our opinion and no one gets mad, at least I don't anyways!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfuny View Post
Her tutus are gorgeous!!! I've never seen any like them before. Kinda stinks that they are going to be copied. I've seen a lot of people post about being angry because local people/family are copying them and everyone jumps on board to say how bad it is. Even if she can't copyright it, I think it's sad that anyone would do that. JMO

Old 04-13-2010, 10:35

Maybe someone should email her and tell her a bunch of women have their wallets ready to buy a tut on her tutus and she should totally make one. Think it will work? Hahahahaha
Old 04-13-2010, 10:35

She probably will find this thread...especially if she does a search on her 'copyrighted' name.

Frankly, when I see all the stuff about 'my design is copyrighted, and my color combinations are protected,' and all that other silly stuff that is NOT TRUE, it makes me more likely to try to figure out how something is made.

It's like a dare. Sorry.

Some website somewhere is raking in the dough from people silly enough to think that you can copyright a color combination.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:23

I love the weaved waistbands ever has been doing, it looks amazing. im jumpin in the middle of the thread but i sure do love her tutus! If I didnt already have hundreds of half done projects I would do this!! lol
Old 04-13-2010, 11:35

I think the tulle is tied underneath and thats where the same colors are coming on the waist. Though on some of the pictures it looks like she's gathering and sewing the bottom separately and then adding it to the tulle hanging down.

I would love to make this.

In fact... I'm going to pick up some tulle and try it. I was waiting to go to the craft store because Walmart only carries white and red. ?? But the heck with it! A white and red tutu here we come..
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Closed Thread