Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:20

Default Re: AMAZING tutu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfuny View Post
Her tutus are gorgeous!!! I've never seen any like them before. Kinda stinks that they are going to be copied. I've seen a lot of people post about being angry because local people/family are copying them and everyone jumps on board to say how bad it is. Even if she can't copyright it, I think it's sad that anyone would do that. JMO
I think everyone thinks their ideas are original. I've come up with at least 3 different designs that I've never posted and then all of a sudden I'm searching etsy and "Whaaaaaaaa? I thought I made that up?"

I think to an extent, we all copy each other. There was a first for the twisted boutique bow, the tutu dress, and the singed flower. I bet the original inventors of these designs are HOT (mad)! Everyone is copying them....LOL!

It's nothing wrong with wanting to create something equally as beautiful as her design, if you make it your own.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-13-2010, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I think everyone thinks their ideas are original. I've come up with at least 3 different designs that I've never posted and then all of a sudden I'm searching etsy and "Whaaaaaaaa? I thought I made that up?"

I think to an extent, we all copy each other. There was a first for the twisted boutique bow, the tutu dress, and the singed flower. I bet the original inventors of these designs are HOT (mad)! Everyone is copying them....LOL!

It's nothing wrong with wanting to create something equally as beautiful as her design, if you make it your own.

Are you saying that even tho I made a t-shirt dress, I MIGHT NOT be the first one to ever think of it? I suppose next you are going to tell me that I am also not the first to think of tooth pics and dental floss eh?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:33

the look of the end pieces can be duplicate by sewing the pieces of tulle onto the bottom hem---I've done something like that with fabric and w/ tulle you can fold the tulle accordion style place it on top of the bottom of the skirt and sew right down the middle...looks complicated, but it's soooo easy! with the other photos the knot can be easily seen and she probably laid them onto the bottom by hot gluing or even sewing them by hand--so many different ways

ETSY
www.bunnylanedesigns.etsy.com

Last edited by adyer; 04-13-2010 at 12:45.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post

Are you saying that even tho I made a t-shirt dress, I MIGHT NOT be the first one to ever think of it? I suppose next you are going to tell me that I am also not the first to think of tooth pics and dental floss eh?

Allison, you are so funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyer View Post
the look of the end pieces can be duplicate by sewing the pieces of tulle onto the bottom hem---I've done something like that with fabric and w/ tulle you can fold the tulle accordion style place it on top of the bottom of the skirt and sew right down the middle...looks complicated, but it's soooo easy! with the other photos the knot can be easily seen and she probably laid them onto the bottom by hot gluing or even sewing them by hand--so many different ways
I still think it's tied. Look here:
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.135481291.jpg

Do you see how it the black/white is slipped through the top of the waistband? It looks like it just goes underneath it and ties and the bottom.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59

Quote:
I still think it's tied. Look here:
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.135481291.jpg

Do you see how it the black/white is slipped through the top of the waistband? It looks like it just goes underneath it and ties and the bottom.

I think you're right....that could be why it has sort of a bell-shape to it instead of just sticking out. Could be why it keeps the rest of the tulle in place instead of bunching up and flying around like a regular tutu
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyeliza View Post
I think you're right....that could be why it has sort of a bell-shape to it instead of just sticking out. Could be why it keeps the rest of the tulle in place instead of bunching up and flying around like a regular tutu
I'm thinking that possible the bottom of pink was connected and tied together and then the black/white was slipped in between the pink pieces and tied around them at the top of the pink knot....I don't know....I think I'm sleepy, so I'm probably not making much sense....
Old 04-13-2010, 01:16

Quote:
I'm thinking that possible the bottom of pink was connected and tied together and then the black/white was slipped in between the pink pieces and tied around them at the top of the pink knot....I don't know....I think I'm sleepy, so I'm probably not making much sense....
Me too girl...I kinda get what you're saying though. Otherwise where did the b/w on the waistband come from?? I am looking at it again and it's kinda boggling my mind
Old 04-13-2010, 01:22

I think it looks like the top color is slipped through the knotted undercolors on the waistband too. So the under color tutu is made then the top color is slipped through at the waist and tied to the bottom of the undercolors. Does that make sense? I can see it clearly in my mind, but I am not sure if I am making sense in writing it.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2this View Post
I think it looks like the top color is slipped through the knotted undercolors on the waistband too. So the under color tutu is made then the top color is slipped through at the waist and tied to the bottom of the undercolors. Does that make sense? I can see it clearly in my mind, but I am not sure if I am making sense in writing it.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but how is it all connected together at the bottom so that the pieces aren't flying around?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:05

maybe she should just make a tutorial then we'll all know how to make it lol

but chances are that will never happen
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Closed Thread