Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:09

Default Re: AMAZING tutu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
She put her shop on vacation. This is really creepy I must say. The first second I say I saw it somewhere. BAM she is right on the forum. The whole sob story about the single mom thing was totally over the top was it not? You sell 82 tutus on 7 months then you must be living in a shoe box somewhere. Not sure how you afford that lawyer.

I get stolen from daily on Etsy from a ex FB person. People have taken the words right off my listings. I have other outlets for sales. Not smart to put all your eggs in one basket.

Eggggggggggg-xactly! lol

If she has really been in business for over a decade she should know that when you put an idea on the internet it is almost always going to get used. You can't expect to put something worth selling out there and not have someone else see the potential for them to make money for their families off of it as well.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:10

I think your tutu's are just beautiful and unique but with the on-line world there really is nothing that is just yours once it is posted or sold on the internet. If you want to keep it private then maybe just sell them to stores and friends as it is human nature for people to try to make them. Was I the first one to make a curly ostrich zebra hat (NO) but that does not mean I should not be able to make them. Have I ever made something I never saw before online and then saw others make it after I posted it for sale (Yes) but that is just part of the business I think we all get ideas from each other or online every now and then.
I understand what you are saying but in the way you worded your post actually will make people want to make them even more. I am not a tutu maker, your designs are just precious but your response was offensive to many.

Last edited by creativekiddos; 04-18-2010 at 10:13.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
In case anyone is interested: http://www.themagictutu.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Tutu-Dic.../dp/1419665855

I'm guessing it would be pretty hard to get that name trademarked unless you were actually Amy Arnez!

Also, you can't copyright a tutu.
Quick!! Someone email Amy Arnez asap and tell her someone on the internet stole her idea. I bet she just won't even believe it!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Kailyn View Post
She is currently "away" on etsy with 0 items for sale... how in the world will her and her daughter survive?!
Maybe her lawyer has an idea for her.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:15

Well... I pm'd and asked to cancel my order. I know how precious my DD would have looked in that tutu, but after the threat and drama to my fellow HG girls (who I love) I am just unhappy. Besides, my order should have been shipped on Thursday and it hasn't been.

I love everyone on here and didn't mean to start anything either. I, like all of you, am supporting my daughter and helping DH pay our house payment with my sales. After being laid off from a full time job, this is all I have to make money. That's not something new around here.

I just thought maybe I could create something that was similar that I could use for my little girl or maybe sell. It wouldn't have been a "Magic Tutu" but a Bit of Faith Tutu.

Again, I am sorry if I caused any problems. I am very "No Drama Zone."

Thanks girls!!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:15

TheMagicTutuShoppe's Profile

Bio

When my daughter was four months old, I searched the Internet in hopes of finding the perfect tutu...I found what I believed to be just what I had been searching for only to be incredibly disappointed once it arrived. Limp, skimpy, poorly crafted and made with low-grade materials...there was no way I was going to put it on my little angel. After a few more orders ending in similar disappointment I decided to take matters into my own hands and create the perfect tutu, which lead to the conception of my Magic Tutus. . . because every little girl should have a truly magical tutu.

So you did exactly what these ladies are all trying to do...
They like the tutu you made and most likely would come up with THEIR OWN version inspired by yours. There is no tutorial of yours that they are taking...the "design" is not your original design either... from reading your etsy shop bio
Old 04-18-2010, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
Quick!! Someone email Amy Arnez asap and tell her someone on the internet stole her idea. I bet she just won't even believe it!
You know I think the reason she's having a fit is because someone on here must have gotten pretty close in guessing how she makes them, otherwise why would she really care...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:19

I just did a boutique yesterday and at least 5 people examined my stuff to go home and make it themselves. People even asked me about materials, vendors, etc... and I gave them the info. I got into making things because I wanted to make them for my daughter instead of buying them. I make things for gifts instead of paying a ton more $$ for them.

I created what I think is a unique way to make my reversible tutus, but I'm guessing there is someone else out there that does it the same way. I just haven't come across it. If one person can think something up, it's likely that more people can think of it too.

And seriously, she wants us to not use the same color combos? I'm sure there was a mint/brown tutu out there long before she made hers.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhyde18 View Post
You know I think the reason she's having a fit is because someone on here must have gotten pretty close in guessing how she makes them, otherwise why would she really care...

It was right after I said that I saw it on the Angle Babies yahoo group forum and explained it. How weird that she would pop right up like that. Wondering now who she actually is. I don't think you Goggled yourself the exact same time we mentioned you. Ha, ha and I would never even make it I was just saying what I saw.

You know I have been making clothing for some time and I have been ripped off by the vendors in the booth next to me. You just have to rise above it and sell more. I am sure Amazon did not sit in the corner and cry when the nook came out.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post

Amy Arnez is going to be p*ssed off ......wait till the "Magic Tutu's" attorney gets a hold of the "Magic Tutu's" attorney!..... Oh what a day in court that will be
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread