New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:15

Default Re: AMAZING tutu!

Kinda looks like my reversible tutu on top, then knotted together on the bottom with some kind of chaining done to keep it all together. I might have to play around with one of mine to see if I can figure it out.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-18-2010, 09:28

I am the woman who spent days coming up with my original tutu designs that were unique. And I just have to say to all of you that I find it incredibly HEARTBREAKING to have read through these postings.

I am a single mother and my tutus are my only way of supporting my daughter and myself.

I work incredibly hard to make my tutus different and special and I wish that people would just be respectful of artists and designers and appreciate their work, be inspired by their work and make your own unique designs rather than copy someone else's heart felt and hard work.

I have worked as a professional designer for over a decade and am ready to defend and protect my intellectual property through any legal means necessary.

I hope things don't come to it but anyone who I find committing copyright infringement will be hearing from my attorney and I have collected and forwarded all postings in this forum related to my designs to my lawyer.

Please be respectful and think about how you would feel if this was done to you.

Sincerely,

Winter
The Magic Tutu Shoppe
Old 04-18-2010, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybasics View Post
My only intention of posting the original link was because I truely think the tutus are great! I don't see anything wrong with trying to figure it out, or something close. There isn't anything that is "yours". Ya know? Someone is always going to recreate what you've done. There isn't much you can do about it.

If she isn't you, but has seen and posted to this thread, I think she could have sold about 20 tuts already! I know I'd buy one! There are some very creative people out there and just by looking at something can figure it out. So why not make some $ off of that?

I didn't mean to offend any one. Were all here on this board sharing ideas and brain storming together. I think that's what's great about HG!

I can't even buy one of her tutus and you are suggesting that I am her Wow!!

If you look through the posts, there are three posts throughout here supporting her. So that is what I was talking about when I said I think she has probably already read these posts. It is just a hunch!

I am just defending her because she spent her time coming up with her own twist to a tutu. By the way, I am pretty sure you have not seen one like before. I don't make tutus for a living, but I can tell that it is not a two layer tutu as someone posted. Yes, they are beautiful and I can see why you would want to know how to make it. If you would make it for your own personal use, then maybe that would be okay since they are pretty expensive. However, making it then reselling it?!?

Sorry, if you all get offended but if that was your design you would not want anyone to copy it!! If you say you wouldn't care, you would be lying!! Of course, anyone who puts a design out there has to know it will be "copied" at some point because like you said that's how business works. I am sure there will be tutus just like it posted soon, I was just simply giving her credit for a beautiful design.

I was not trying to offended anyone with my first post; I was simply giving her credit for coming up with an original design. I cannot believe that it got blown up like that
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46

I find it equally as sad that someone comes onto a "how to" tutu forum under a different name and tries to pretend they are someone else. I don't believe for 1 moment that you just "popped up" from nowhere. I may not be the only one to sell a pinafore dress but I sell a bunch of them. It is called business competition. Actually I now remember were i saw this in a yahoo forum.

I for 1 sell clothes but I do have a law degree and I wonder how someone that is so tight with a lawyer would not know the usage of the phrase "All rights reserved" I think that was just thrown into you fake copyright info for good measure. The tutu mafia is alive and well. Maybe the same person that tired to claim the three tiered tutu last week.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesewcute View Post
I find it equally as sad that someone comes onto a "how to" tutu forum under a different name and tries to pretend they are someone else. I don't believe for 1 moment that you just "popped up" from nowhere. I may not be the only one to sell a pinafore dress but I sell a bunch of them. It is called business competition. Actually I now remember were i saw this in a yahoo forum.

I for 1 sell clothes but I do have a law degree and I wonder how someone that is so tight with a lawyer would not know the usage of the phrase "All rights reserved" I think that was just thrown into you fake copyright info for good measure. The tutu mafia is alive and well. Maybe the same person that tired to claim the three tiered tutu last week.

VERY WELL SAID!

Don't let her scare any of you away from trying to recreate this tutu. She has no "dibs" on it. It's a tutu for crying out loud. You can't copyright, or reserve rights on a tutu.

I for one do plan on trying to recreate it as I LOVE this style and live miles away from this woman. So I don't see any harm.

Oh and I wanted to add to TheMagicTUTU lady, you aren't the only one trying to support your family. That won't get you far.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamorous_bowtique View Post
I can't even buy one of her tutus and you are suggesting that I am her Wow!!

If you look through the posts, there are three posts throughout here supporting her. So that is what I was talking about when I said I think she has probably already read these posts. It is just a hunch!

I am just defending her because she spent her time coming up with her own twist to a tutu. By the way, I am pretty sure you have not seen one like before. I don't make tutus for a living, but I can tell that it is not a two layer tutu as someone posted. Yes, they are beautiful and I can see why you would want to know how to make it. If you would make it for your own personal use, then maybe that would be okay since they are pretty expensive. However, making it then reselling it?!?

Sorry, if you all get offended but if that was your design you would not want anyone to copy it!! If you say you wouldn't care, you would be lying!! Of course, anyone who puts a design out there has to know it will be "copied" at some point because like you said that's how business works. I am sure there will be tutus just like it posted soon, I was just simply giving her credit for a beautiful design.

I was not trying to offended anyone with my first post; I was simply giving her credit for coming up with an original design. I cannot believe that it got blown up like that
I give her credit too. I think plenty of women in here did just that. They all stated how gorgeous her tutus were. So no one is putting her down. That doesn't mean they won't go and recreate it. Business is business.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00

She put her shop on vacation. This is really creepy I must say. The first second I say I saw it somewhere. BAM she is right on the forum. The whole sob story about the single mom thing was totally over the top was it not? You sell 82 tutus on 7 months then you must be living in a shoe box somewhere. Not sure how you afford that lawyer.

I get stolen from daily on Etsy from a ex FB person. People have taken the words right off my listings. I have other outlets for sales. Not smart to put all your eggs in one basket.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicTutuShoppe View Post
I am the woman who spent days coming up with my original tutu designs that were unique. And I just have to say to all of you that I find it incredibly HEARTBREAKING to have read through these postings.

I am a single mother and my tutus are my only way of supporting my daughter and myself.

I work incredibly hard to make my tutus different and special and I wish that people would just be respectful of artists and designers and appreciate their work, be inspired by their work and make your own unique designs rather than copy someone else's heart felt and hard work.

I have worked as a professional designer for over a decade and am ready to defend and protect my intellectual property through any legal means necessary.

I hope things don't come to it but anyone who I find committing copyright infringement will be hearing from my attorney and I have collected and forwarded all postings in this forum related to my designs to my lawyer.

Please be respectful and think about how you would feel if this was done to you.

Sincerely,

Winter
The Magic Tutu Shoppe
You are not the only single mother trying to support herself and her child. You should consider saving the money you are paying your lawyer to support your daughter, since you have no legal claim here. Why dont you create ANOTHER account and act out the roll of your lawyer to scare everyone away! You can not honestly think that when you post ANYTHING to the internet it will not be critiqued - and if it is any good, someone out there will wish to recreate it. Instead of being so heartbroken and butt hurt you should be flattered.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnponders View Post
I find it funny that her magic tutu is supposedly trademarked but the magic tutu is a book!
Ohhhhhhh, the irony.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09

She is currently "away" on etsy with 0 items for sale... how in the world will her and her daughter survive?!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Closed Thread