5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 10:11
ILOVEMYREDHEADS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,525
Default Re: Boutique bows

Very cute! Mine keeping getting better as I do more and more. I look back at my first few and think omg what was a thinking?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 11:16
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: Boutique bows

It takes a lot of practice and once I got my NBNG templates, my bows improved 200%!!
You can make your own, I don't have a link to the instructions, but I will look.
The key is to measure, measure, measure!
When doing spikes, measure so they are all the same size. Stack on top of each other, fold in half, and put a straight pin through the "half" and spread out your spikes. Hold in place with a sally clip and sew through the middle. That way your spikes are even every time. Same with the surround loops. Measure the same length of ribbon that you used for the bow you are surrounding, fold it in half, then fold in half again, you now have even markings to do the surround loops. There are a lot of great tips and tricks on this forum, the girls here are great!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 12:01
newtothis's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: lovington NM
Posts: 442
Default Re: Boutique bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna8715 View Post
I guess im doing better

Im sorry to tell you but thats the back of the bow. You need to turn it around.
__________________
*Naomi*
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 12:19
strawberrybaby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Boutique bows

Im also a lefty and it took me some practice to get them right. I just purchase a set of big plastic clips from sally's and let me tell you they are a life saver. It makes sewing them a breeze and the centers come out perfect for me.

I like the name on your cards. Around here there are alot of latinos and I was going to go with a spanish name.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 12:40
luna8715's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 227
Default Re: Boutique bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
Im sorry to tell you but thats the back of the bow. You need to turn it around.
hahahahaha, thanks for telling me.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 12:44
luna8715's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 227
Default Re: Boutique bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymomma View Post
It takes a lot of practice and once I got my NBNG templates, my bows improved 200%!!
You can make your own, I don't have a link to the instructions, but I will look.
The key is to measure, measure, measure!
When doing spikes, measure so they are all the same size. Stack on top of each other, fold in half, and put a straight pin through the "half" and spread out your spikes. Hold in place with a sally clip and sew through the middle. That way your spikes are even every time. Same with the surround loops. Measure the same length of ribbon that you used for the bow you are surrounding, fold it in half, then fold in half again, you now have even markings to do the surround loops. There are a lot of great tips and tricks on this forum, the girls here are great!
I think i might end up buying it too. Good thing bows are not what i sell the most. People here (Puerto Rico) buy things that are trendy locally. Now are the foamies sculptures and things in vinyl or felt.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2010, 12:48
luna8715's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 227
Default Re: Boutique bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post
Im also a lefty and it took me some practice to get them right. I just purchase a set of big plastic clips from sally's and let me tell you they are a life saver. It makes sewing them a breeze and the centers come out perfect for me.

I like the name on your cards. Around here there are alot of latinos and I was going to go with a spanish name.

Thanks, well since every girl i see with hair accesories looks like a doll, i decided to go with little doll or in spanish "muñequitas".
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 245
Default Re: Boutique bows

I have been playing and playing with these botique bows. My question is, and you guys may laugh....is it almost like folding the buttlerflies? I have been trying and trying to get this, but its not working. i have been using this 3/8 ribbon all day here at work and jus using a picture. I will take a picture tonight and show everyone, but this seems to be the closest i have came to making it look right. Its not exactly the same way, other than flipping the ribbon a different way, but it looks a lot better than some of the other ones I have came up with....cant wait to post it. YA! me....
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: Boutique bows

they are backwards. the criss cross is the front of the bow. I bet once you start looking at the front of the bow you will get better. Post pics with your bow turned around.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2010, 09:17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 245
Default Re: Boutique bows

I happen to find this yesterday. Is this what everyone means by figure 8?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger