New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-07-2010, 11:23

Default Postcards for headbands?

Okay, so I bought a bunch of regular sized postcards from Vistaprint thinking I could display some headbands on them.....but they don't stay. Did I order too small of postcards? My crochet headbands slide right off?!?! Do I have to pin it or something in the back? Or just get the bigger cards? Thanks so much!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 04-07-2010, 11:28

Default Re: Postcards for headbands?

I had the same problem so I just made a nice fold in the back and ran a strip of clear (not the opaque kind) scotch tape up and down to hold the headband in place. It looks pretty decent and holds well. I guess poverty has to be the mother of invention because I already have the cards, I am not wasting money to buy larger now. Let me know if you come up with a better idea.

Fran
codyparkcrafter.etsy.com
Old 04-07-2010, 11:31

I tape the back also.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:42

This is a good idea...never though about doing that. I thought that the headbands looked kinda unorganized just laying on the table, and this will help bunches. It's always the simple things that work well.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46

Most people buy the oversized postcards, punch a half circle out of the two ends and the headband fits into the notches

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
Most people buy the oversized postcards, punch a half circle out of the two ends and the headband fits into the notches
Why can I not picture this???
Old 04-07-2010, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfrantoo View Post
I had the same problem so I just made a nice fold in the back and ran a strip of clear (not the opaque kind) scotch tape up and down to hold the headband in place. It looks pretty decent and holds well. I guess poverty has to be the mother of invention because I already have the cards, I am not wasting money to buy larger now. Let me know if you come up with a better idea.

Fran
codyparkcrafter.etsy.com
I will try this! Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareya21 View Post
Why can I not picture this???
The oversized postcards are quite a bit bigger than the regular ones. There is a 1 inch circle punch that you can get in the scrapbook section at most craft stores. If you use it to punch out only half a circle it gives you a little "notch" into the end of the postcard. If you notch both ends of the card your headband fits nicely into the notch. I'll try to get a photo later of one of them.

I use the regular sized postcards if I'm doing a headband with an alligator clip bow/ flower. I use a hole punch near the middle of the card. Put the headband on the card and clip the alligator clip through the hole to keep the headband on.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 04-07-2010, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfrantoo View Post

Fran
codyparkcrafter.etsy.com
I do this too, and it looks/works great!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
The oversized postcards are quite a bit bigger than the regular ones. There is a 1 inch circle punch that you can get in the scrapbook section at most craft stores. If you use it to punch out only half a circle it gives you a little "notch" into the end of the postcard. If you notch both ends of the card your headband fits nicely into the notch. I'll try to get a photo later of one of them.

I use the regular sized postcards if I'm doing a headband with an alligator clip bow/ flower. I use a hole punch near the middle of the card. Put the headband on the card and clip the alligator clip through the hole to keep the headband on.
Ok. I think I get it! LOL So when you notch the sides, do you not put the headband all the way around to the back?
Sponsored Links