5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-06-2010, 12:49

Default seriously need help with jump rings!

I bought the tool that everyone said would make it easy but I can't figure how to put these dang rings in the bottlecaps. HELP!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 04-06-2010, 12:56

Default Re: seriously need help with jump rings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My4boys View Post
I bought the tool that everyone said would make it easy but I can't figure how to put these dang rings in the bottlecaps. HELP!
lol i do all mine by hand! I would like to see responses to this too. I have the tool too and it just collects dust lol!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:07

Well good god how do you pri them apart and get them to go through? I can't believe how long this is going to take!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My4boys View Post
Well good god how do you pri them apart and get them to go through? I can't believe how long this is going to take!
lol I just do it like a key ring what type of jump rings are you using?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottomsupbottlecaps View Post
lol I just do it like a key ring what type of jump rings are you using?
I do it the same, it is a pain!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
I do it the same, it is a pain!
yes it is lol! my fingers hurt I break n chip nails so not fun
Old 04-06-2010, 02:06

I have bought 2 from 2 different places and I can't figure out how to use them either. I REALLY want to use jumprings on my bottlecaps, but for right now I'm just using the split rings because I can't figure out how to get the split rings on!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07

I mean that I'm using split rings because I can't figure out how to get the JUMP rings on! LOL
Old 04-06-2010, 05:33

Are you talking about SPLIT rings or JUMP rings. Jump rings only go around once and have a slit in the metal where the two ends meet. SPLIT rings go around twice basically (like on a key ring). SPLIT rings are a royal pain in the BUTT. I have the split ring tool but they are STILL a headache and a half. I hate having to do projects that use split rings. UGH.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:40

Ok, to use a split ring tool you just insert the tool between the part of the split ring where there are two pieces of wire. It basically just separates them for you freeing up your fingers while you thread the split ring on.

The best way to get jump rings to work for you is to use two pairs of flat nose pliers. Holding each part of the jump ring with a separate pair of pliers, pull one half of the ring towards you, and push the other away from you. Once you've threaded your bottlecap/whatever on, just do the opposite to close. This way, you're not distorting the shape at all, and things should close a lot easier. If you want, you can then solder the jump ring shut. Whatever you do, don't pull the jump ring apart sideways, you'll never get the little bastard to close again in a perfect circle!! LOL Ok, hope I didn't confuse you.

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.