http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29
EmileeDesigns's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,210
Default Someone tell me how to make these socks!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

adorable! Love the shirt to!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43
rufflesandribbon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 2,585
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

I've never used double ruffle ribbon but I make ribbon ruffle socks all the time. Looks like they layered 2 ribbons.

I turn a sock inside out & stretch it over the arm of my sewing machine. Usually sewing machines have a wider part you can "pop" off to just use the arm. Then I just use a zig zag stitch to sew the ribbon to the sock. By stretching the sock over the arm it ruffles it automatically (once you remove it). You don't have to worry about sewing right on the edge of the sock either since the sock edge will be hidden by the ribbon ruffle.

If you use 2 ribbons then you can sew both at once - just be careful to keep them lined up so the underneath one is getting caught. I layer 5/8 over 7/8 for little ones & 7/8 over 1 1/2 for girls over about 12-18 months. I just use ribbon straight from the roll & cut it once I've over lapped where I started by about 1/2 an inch.

Does this make sense? These are some I made for another Hip Girl for Easter.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:45
EmileeDesigns's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,210
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Oh yes those are super cute!!!!
I'll try it.. Or ask my mom to try it since she came and took her machine from me a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:46
mom2tylerandali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 690
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

OMG!!!!!!!! How stinkin CUTE is that??????????????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 04:47
mom2tylerandali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 690
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Oh yes those are super cute!!!!
I'll try it.. Or ask my mom to try it since she came and took her machine from me a few weeks ago.
Aw, man---how dare people take stuff that belongs to them away from those of us borrowing their things!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,475
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesandribbon View Post
I've never used double ruffle ribbon but I make ribbon ruffle socks all the time. Looks like they layered 2 ribbons.

I turn a sock inside out & stretch it over the arm of my sewing machine. Usually sewing machines have a wider part you can "pop" off to just use the arm. Then I just use a zig zag stitch to sew the ribbon to the sock. By stretching the sock over the arm it ruffles it automatically (once you remove it). You don't have to worry about sewing right on the edge of the sock either since the sock edge will be hidden by the ribbon ruffle.

If you use 2 ribbons then you can sew both at once - just be careful to keep them lined up so the underneath one is getting caught. I layer 5/8 over 7/8 for little ones & 7/8 over 1 1/2 for girls over about 12-18 months. I just use ribbon straight from the roll & cut it once I've over lapped where I started by about 1/2 an inch.

Does this make sense? These are some I made for another Hip Girl for Easter.



Those are the socks made to match my girls Easter dresses!!! Here is the final put together outfit....many compliments to RufflesandRibbon! The other dolls are my nieces!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0126.jpg (58.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0098.jpg (82.5 KB, 86 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:07
Ste1977's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,256
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Those are adorable!
__________________
S'te

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12
rufflesandribbon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 2,585
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetheartsandSprinkles View Post
Those are the socks made to match my girls Easter dresses!!! Here is the final put together outfit....many compliments to RufflesandRibbon! The other dolls are my nieces!
They are so precious!!! I love the way it all came together!! Thank you for the wonderful praise. Made my day!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:17
EmileeDesigns's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,210
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Your girls are ADORABLE!!!


Oh and yeah... how DARE my mom take her sewing machine back... I only had it for 2 months and STILL didn't finish the puppy pillowcase I was making my dd.. MY mom took the machine back and finished it in about 5 minutes!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2010, 06:43
lulafairy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: Someone tell me how to make these socks!

Those look great! The girls are so cute!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger