http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-07-2010, 04:04

Default Re: how to measure the ribbon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonereg View Post
Yes, the mesurements help a lot! One more question though, do you make a pinwheel bow or boutique bow for the bottom layer? (I did the top layer and the loops by your mesurements, and they nest perfectly)
Good Morning!
I thought I was the only one on here! I from the UK so not usually on the site when most people are due to time difference.

My bottom bow is a boutique bow, it gives the stacked bow more height and support!
Don't forget to post a pic when your bow is done, I can't wait to see!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbidibobbidi View Post
Good Morning!
I thought I was the only one on here! I from the UK so not usually on the site when most people are due to time difference.

My bottom bow is a boutique bow, it gives the stacked bow more height and support!
Don't forget to post a pic when your bow is done, I can't wait to see!
I was up past 3 a.m. our time that night, but the next day I was so tired. I am a night owl at night, but then a cry baby in the morning.
I ended up making a pinwheel bow for the botton (because I wasn't sure at the time), and I think this measurment works for a pinwheel bow too. My bow is not totally done. I wanted to add a shrink film center to it, but I can't find the shrink film for inkjet printer anywhere at the sores. So I have to order online and then wait for ever and three days for it to get here. So I just took a picture of what I have so far. I have never posted pictures before, so I hope I do this right.

Now I have to make 3 more bows like this one (so both of my girls have sets of two), and of course I have ran out of pink ribbon. So off to the store to pick up some...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:59

WOW you were up late!! ( I'm the opposite, I can't last past 10.30pm!!!)

Bow looks great!! Glad the measurements helped! As long as you keep 4" difference between the top and base bow measurement you can make them smaller or larger.

I know what you mean about having to wait forever for shipping, I can't get any of my supplies here, all my supplies come from the US! Couldn't survive without online shopping! ( my shipping costs are awful!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonereg View Post
I was up past 3 a.m. our time that night, but the next day I was so tired. I am a night owl at night, but then a cry baby in the morning.
I ended up making a pinwheel bow for the botton (because I wasn't sure at the time), and I think this measurment works for a pinwheel bow too. My bow is not totally done. I wanted to add a shrink film center to it, but I can't find the shrink film for inkjet printer anywhere at the sores. So I have to order online and then wait for ever and three days for it to get here. So I just took a picture of what I have so far. I have never posted pictures before, so I hope I do this right.

Now I have to make 3 more bows like this one (so both of my girls have sets of two), and of course I have ran out of pink ribbon. So off to the store to pick up some...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:45

Quote:
WOW you were up late!! ( I'm the opposite, I can't last past 10.30pm!!!)

Bow looks great!! Glad the measurements helped! As long as you keep 4" difference between the top and base bow measurement you can make them smaller or larger.

I know what you mean about having to wait forever for shipping, I can't get any of my supplies here, all my supplies come from the US! Couldn't survive without online shopping! ( my shipping costs are awful!!)
I am surprised you don't have any supplies available localy. I would go crazy, I am one of those people that "want it now", I guess I am too impatient. But I have to admit it, online shopping is great.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30

Quote:
I use 7/8 for my base and top bows and 3/8 for my loops. I mesure in .5" from each side and then mark centre and mid points.

base bow I use 21"
top bow 17"
loops 19"
spikes cut 5 at 4.5" each

this makes a bow that measures approxx 3.5" to go smaller I subtract 2" from each measurement ( spikes I make 4")for a 3" bow
to go larger I add 2" ( spkies 5") for a 4" bow

I find if I don't measure and mark out then my bows don't look right!
Thanks for sharing the measurement advice!
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 04-28-2010, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
Thanks for sharing the measurement advice!
no problem hope it helps!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:13

thank you! this is helpful!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:45

Thank you for the measurements!!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42

Oh, Bibbidibobbidi your bows are aboslutely gorgeous. I'll have to heart your store when I'm on Etsy later. This is one (of many) bows I haven't tried, and would like to get figured out - one day.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachytiger View Post
Oh, Bibbidibobbidi your bows are aboslutely gorgeous. I'll have to heart your store when I'm on Etsy later. This is one (of many) bows I haven't tried, and would like to get figured out - one day.

Thank you!!! It took me a while to get the hang of it! Good luck with it, pm me if you need any help!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg