new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-02-2010, 08:37

Default Flower FOE headbands??

Ok, so I fell in love with the foe headbands that have two or three hydrangea flowers and rhinestones on them. I've gotten all the supplies, now I just need someone to tell me how to make them! Thanks ladies!!
Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2010, 09:13

Default Re: Flower FOE headbands??

It's really quite easy. Determine what length you want your FOE headband. 12-17" are pretty normal sizes for newborn to toddlers. I usually go for the 15". There is a tut on here for making FOE headbands. Some people prefer to sew, some use a woodburner to fuse, some glue their FOE together. I sew. Once your headband is sewn all you have to do is attach the flowers. I double up my petals and sew them to the headband. Then glue a jewel in the center. I also put a small strip of felt on the inside of the headband to cover up stitching. The felt also keeps the headband from stretching between the flowers and creating gaps.

Sometimes I lay the petals really flat, and sometimes I put them very close to get the flowers to "stand up" more.

Here's a pic of a finished product.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=43301999
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybabydesigns View Post
It's really quite easy. Determine what length you want your FOE headband. 12-17" are pretty normal sizes for newborn to toddlers. I usually go for the 15". There is a tut on here for making FOE headbands. Some people prefer to sew, some use a woodburner to fuse, some glue their FOE together. I sew. Once your headband is sewn all you have to do is attach the flowers. I double up my petals and sew them to the headband. Then glue a jewel in the center. I also put a small strip of felt on the inside of the headband to cover up stitching. The felt also keeps the headband from stretching between the flowers and creating gaps.

Sometimes I lay the petals really flat, and sometimes I put them very close to get the flowers to "stand up" more.

Here's a pic of a finished product.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=43301999

Thank you!!! Your pic is exactly what I want to make. How do you sew the flowers onto the foe? That is where I am drawing a blank. Do you somehow sew them near the center hole?? I'm guessing the gem will cover the stitches? But I don't get how to sew them. LOL Guess I'm blond when it comes to this.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14

I'm wanting to mark this because I ADORE these headbands! Also, where do you get your flowers and do you use the same color of felt as the foe headband?
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 04-02-2010, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 564tamara View Post
Thank you!!! Your pic is exactly what I want to make. How do you sew the flowers onto the foe? That is where I am drawing a blank. Do you somehow sew them near the center hole?? I'm guessing the gem will cover the stitches? But I don't get how to sew them. LOL Guess I'm blond when it comes to this.
Yes, I sew near the center hole. You could do a stitch on either side of the center, or a stitch or two across the center. I usually sew just the bottom flower on, and then hot glue the second flower on top. So the stitches get covered by the second flower. You could sew through both though, as long as they are small enough to be covered by the center embellishment. A little 'X' stitch usually does it for me.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
I'm wanting to mark this because I ADORE these headbands! Also, where do you get your flowers and do you use the same color of felt as the foe headband?
Personally, I get my flowers at craft stores like Micheal's, AC Moore. I tend to buy when they are on sale.
I've been using white felt. Recently, I did have a 'Duh!' moment though, and went out to find felt that matched the foe. You can't see the felt when the headband is on, so I don't think the color is a huge deal.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:34

Quote:
Personally, I get my flowers at craft stores like Micheal's, AC Moore. I tend to buy when they are on sale.
I've been using white felt. Recently, I did have a 'Duh!' moment though, and went out to find felt that matched the foe. You can't see the felt when the headband is on, so I don't think the color is a huge deal.
Thanks for sharing! I bought some flowers like these at Michaels today and just ordered my FOE. Excited!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:59

I also fell in love with them too...especially since hydrangeas are and have ALWAYS been my favorite flower.

I use a lighter to fuse my FOE together. My sizes range from 12-17 (newborn to adult). I then take another small strip of foe to make an interchangeable loop..yes..I do it with my hydrangea headbands as well since I want to cover the seam of the headband.

I usually do three layers on my hydrangeas and glue them with hot glue right onto the headband. I accommodate for the stretch by putting the flowers fairly close together.

I also have bought most of mine from Michael's. My favorite ones are the "real feel" type hydrangeas. The pink and purple ones are those. They are amazing!!

I offer single, double and triple hydrangea headbands as well as clips and bobby pins. They are just too pretty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4420890175_664998fa93.jpg (166.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 4420644023_60b5019cc6.jpg (145.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 4421761108_59f6e55926.jpg (136.8 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by Scoots; 04-03-2010 at 12:00. Reason: Where to buy
Old 04-03-2010, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
I also fell in love with them too...especially since hydrangeas are and have ALWAYS been my favorite flower.

I use a lighter to fuse my FOE together. My sizes range from 12-17 (newborn to adult). I then take another small strip of foe to make an interchangeable loop..yes..I do it with my hydrangea headbands as well since I want to cover the seam of the headband.

I usually do three layers on my hydrangeas and glue them with hot glue right onto the headband. I accommodate for the stretch by putting the flowers fairly close together.

I also have bought most of mine from Michael's. My favorite ones are the "real feel" type hydrangeas. The pink and purple ones are those. They are amazing!!

I offer single, double and triple hydrangea headbands as well as clips and bobby pins. They are just too pretty!
Very pretty! Does your loop get covered by the flowers? Those are the flowers I bought today.... super excited!! I am going to burn with lighter also. Do they hold up way fine?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:47

Quote:
Yes, I sew near the center hole. You could do a stitch on either side of the center, or a stitch or two across the center. I usually sew just the bottom flower on, and then hot glue the second flower on top. So the stitches get covered by the second flower. You could sew through both though, as long as they are small enough to be covered by the center embellishment. A little 'X' stitch usually does it for me.
Thank you so much! That makes total sense!
Sponsored Links