Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-02-2010, 06:30

Default No Slip Headband Lining?

How would you line a cheer headband like this one? Im thinking you would just use silicone, but would that not work since you would be lining fabric, not plastic or metal?

http://www.yellaribbon.com/Browse_Ch...duct_info.html
Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2010, 02:05

Default Re: No Slip Headband Lining?

I don't know about that but I have a couple cheer headbands from a little while ago, one of them from that company. There is nothing on any of them to make them "no slip". It is just ribbon touching your head. And they don't really slip if they fit right I guess. Lots of teams have been wearing them like that, just secured with some bobby pins, and I think it worked fine. Don't know if they have since added some lining but I don't think so
Old 04-03-2010, 03:05

I'd use 1/4" velcro strips. I like the way they grab the hair and hold the headband in place. I buy the one with the sticky backing and just cut it to whatever size I want.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I'd use 1/4" velcro strips. I like the way they grab the hair and hold the headband in place. I buy the one with the sticky backing and just cut it to whatever size I want.
Can you get those at any craft store or some place like wal mart? Or do you buy it online?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25

I bought mine online in a large quantity,but I am sure you can get it in a craft store. If you want a small amount to try, I'd be happy to send you a sample. Just pm me.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC_Cheer View Post
How would you line a cheer headband like this one? Im thinking you would just use silicone, but would that not work since you would be lining fabric, not plastic or metal?

http://www.yellaribbon.com/Browse_Ch...duct_info.html
I just bought some spandex to try and make this headband, I would love to know what you are going to do to get your to look like that? I was first thinking I would wrap the headband and then fuse the spandex to the ribbon, just dont know how to get it all the way around? I am sort of at a loss but I think they are so cute!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclements73 View Post
I just bought some spandex to try and make this headband, I would love to know what you are going to do to get your to look like that? I was first thinking I would wrap the headband and then fuse the spandex to the ribbon, just dont know how to get it all the way around? I am sort of at a loss but I think they are so cute!
I think Im just going to take 1.5 in ribbon, then heat n bond the fabric to the ribbon. Then Im going to sew the elastic to the two ends.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC_Cheer View Post
I think Im just going to take 1.5 in ribbon, then heat n bond the fabric to the ribbon. Then Im going to sew the elastic to the two ends.
Oh so you are not mounting it on a hard plastic headband? You are making it more like the sports headbands? That is a good idea! Please post when you get your finial product. I will do the same, i hope to get to it this week.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclements73 View Post
Oh so you are not mounting it on a hard plastic headband? You are making it more like the sports headbands? That is a good idea! Please post when you get your finial product. I will do the same, i hope to get to it this week.
I have to make it soft since if you get hit in the head, it could hurt.
I dont know when it will be since I have to convince my mom still to let me order the ribbon and fabric(any tips on convincing her?).
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg