New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-14-2010, 10:51

Default Re: How to make this design cheer bow???

shelleigh- would you be willing to email your design/ instructions on how to make this bow!! I have tried and I just cant do it.

thanks
melissa
Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2010, 06:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
Thought this may help,

I just got an email coupon from JoAnn for 50% off, and all scrapbook supplies (sizzix!!!) 40% off until 4/24/10.

This is the die I use with my bigkick, they may have smaller dies (sp?), I just got the big one cause I had the bigkick from scrapbooking days...

Shelleigh

PS forgot to give creds to yella ribbon for the cheetah n blue sequin bow! Sorry! You can find it here: yellaribbon.com
Thanks.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
Thought this may help,

I just got an email coupon from JoAnn for 50% off, and all scrapbook supplies (sizzix!!!) 40% off until 4/24/10.

This is the die I use with my bigkick, they may have smaller dies (sp?), I just got the big one cause I had the bigkick from scrapbooking days...

Shelleigh

PS forgot to give creds to yella ribbon for the cheetah n blue sequin bow! Sorry! You can find it here: yellaribbon.com
in your pictures you have the words "Devils" on the bow. What r u using to do that? did it come as a single word or did u place each piece? is it metal or is it crystal? where did u get it? i would like an alternative for adding team names to bows in lieu of puff paint...and thought of crystals, but that starts to get expensive...any feedback would be great! this thread is very inspirational~~
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavebabygiggles.com View Post
in your pictures you have the words "Devils" on the bow. What r u using to do that? did it come as a single word or did u place each piece? is it metal or is it crystal? where did u get it? i would like an alternative for adding team names to bows in lieu of puff paint...and thought of crystals, but that starts to get expensive...any feedback would be great! this thread is very inspirational~~
Hi there,
sorry it took me so long to reply, I had a bunch of orders due before end of Oct. Anyway...The "Devils" part of the bow, I originally applied the Devils with iron on letters I purchased as a full alphabet at JoAnns. Then, I got smart because it was a serious PIA (**NOT Pia Bows, mind you, haha I love her bows and her ingenuity) to place each letter separately. So, I went online and found aplace that would make the name for me, and I applied with an iron just for placement then a hot fix tool. I have also made headbands with chrystals (Team name) on them using hot fix swarovski and the hot fix tool, but once again, very much a PIA. For this bow in particular, I used the rhinestuds, not rhinestones. When they are that small, you cannot see them very well anyway and have a sparkle content of near zero when seen from the judge's table.
The name of the company that makes the custom rhinestone/rhinestud words for me is...BRB gotta find it...dazzling designs
try: www.dazzlingdesignsinc.com
They are great, and really worked with me to get my design just right.
HTH<
Shelleigh
Old 11-21-2010, 10:56

I don't know if you already found an effective way to cut fabric with a machine, but if you haven't you can use the Cricut to cut fabric. You have to use steam-a-seam 2 (double stick fusible web), then peel off one side and place it on your fabric, then iron it on to the back of your fabric for a few seconds. Then put your fabric, fabric side down, on your Cricut mat. Put your pressure settings on high. Use blue painter's tape to anchor your fabric to the mat (scotch tape doesn't work as well, and is difficult to remove). Load your mat and move it so it doesn't cut the painter's tape and select cut. I'd try it first on paper, and try a few sizes so you don't waste your fabric. After it cuts, click unload, and peel your cut-out off the mat. If it didn't cut all the way through all the way around, you can just cut those sections with scissors rather than adjusting your pressure settings and re-cutting. Now peel the paper backing off your new cut-out, position it on your ribbon until you have it where you want it, then use your iron and press down. You may want to place a cloth between the iron and your bow, depending on the fabric you are using.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:09

how do you make those?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:47

For those of you that have made bows with the curvy part, did you heat n bond the fabric to a normal piece of ribbon, and then use a rotary cutter to cut out the curve?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24

What fabric should I use? I am trying to make these bows with the "mystic" material?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59

I purchased the NBNG cheer bow instructions and they are GREAT, I have made tons of bows for my dd8 and her all star team. The issue I am having is that after a lot of wear, the heat n bond lite is sometimes not holiding the multi layers of ribbon together. It is great for bonding the confetti dot(sequin) fabric to the ribbon, but if I layer 2 grosgrains on top of each other, they end up coming apart after a few wears.

I have noticed in some threads people saying they are using a double sided tape. Can anyone share what type/brand of tape they are using, how to apply it and where to purchase it? Thanks soooo much!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCheerBows View Post
What fabric should I use? I am trying to make these bows with the "mystic" material?
"Mystic" fabric is metallic spandex. It can be found at www.spandexworld.com. It's a little pricey, but just like the sequins material, a little goes a very long way.

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif

Tags
cheer, cheer bows, cheerleading, how to make, tick-tock