New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-17-2010, 08:06

Default Re: How to make this design cheer bow???

Hey cheergirl,
I have a sizzix bigkick, but the star die I like is retired. Maybe try ebay?
Or, if you hurry, JoAnn's has sizzix 40 percent off today.
-Shelleigh
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-19-2010, 08:36

Smile Re: How to make this design cheer bow???

Thought this may help,

I just got an email coupon from JoAnn for 50% off, and all scrapbook supplies (sizzix!!!) 40% off until 4/24/10.

This is the die I use with my bigkick, they may have smaller dies (sp?), I just got the big one cause I had the bigkick from scrapbooking days...

Shelleigh

PS forgot to give creds to yella ribbon for the cheetah n blue sequin bow! Sorry! You can find it here: yellaribbon.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0517.jpg (37.1 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (43.3 KB, 218 views)
Old 04-19-2010, 11:30

The basic Sizzix machine you have to buy is pretty expensive isn't it? Will any kind work, what about the sidekick? How does it cut, it works through fabric? I tried using a hole punch type thing that I also saw in the scrapbook section but it's not sharp / strong enough I've been doing freehand but the small ones are hard
Old 04-19-2010, 11:39

ASCG,
Not sure on how expensive the sidekick is, should be fine if you can find the star die. However, check before you leave the store that the die fits the die cutter. I know I almost bought a smaller die cutter, but only the sixxlix (or some weird name) tiny dies were the only ones that fit that cutter. Maybe ebay will have one cheap, I know I found a bunch of dies a lot less expensive than @ the store.

It cuts through the fabric - I have only tried with fabric that already has heat n bond applied to it - with no problem whatsoever. The little tiny die cutters are not sharp/quick/strong enough, and I would hate to hand cut 75-150 tiny stars!!

Sequins are a pain to cut, but the sizzix had no problem!

HTH,
Shelleigh

Last edited by Blkhawkfan; 04-20-2010 at 07:03.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:04

Question Re: How to make this design cheer bow???

Hi ladies i need help with how you make a bow with the sequin fabric. I am new to all this and would love a quick walk through.

Thanks in advance with any help
Old 06-21-2010, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyfcheercoach View Post
Hi ladies i need help with how you make a bow with the sequin fabric. I am new to all this and would love a quick walk through.

Thanks in advance with any help

I think your best bet is to buy the no bow no go cheer instructions. For only $5 they can be very helpful to someone just starting out to get the basics of how to do everything. I believe you can buy them through this forum in the paid instructions section.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:13

Default help with fabric ribbon

help! I have a customer who gave me a set of her daughter's old school uniforms and wants me to cut them and and make some kind of bow! where do I even start? I can probably to streamers or something easy, but wont the fabric fray? can I make a boutique bow from fabric? any ideas? please help!!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:53

Default Re: help with fabric ribbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginad View Post
help! I have a customer who gave me a set of her daughter's old school uniforms and wants me to cut them and and make some kind of bow! where do I even start? I can probably to streamers or something easy, but wont the fabric fray? can I make a boutique bow from fabric? any ideas? please help!!
Hi there,
If you apply heat n bond ultra or lite to the uniform, then cut with a rotary cutter the width of the ribbon you are going to use MINUS about 1/8 inch. Bond the material to your ribbon, and wa-la, ribbon that matches her uniforms!!
Purchase the Nobow, no go cheer bow instructions for detailed info on bonding fabric to ribbon.
HTH,
Shelleigh
Old 08-27-2010, 10:36

Hi Everyone,
I'm having the hardest time finding the dies that I want. I'm looking for just single dies because I like the actual cut out. I don't like to cut out the shapes and then put them on top if that makes sense. The sizzix star I have is a little too big. I really need a 2" star, heart and paw print that are just alone on the die if that makes sense. HELP!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:38

Sorry,
I couldn't find a die that was "alone" without any other stars on it, and haven't found a paw print that looks like yella ribbon's. Maybe print the shape onto thick cardboard or balsa wood, and cut the shape out with an x-acto knife? but there's NO WAY I'd do that with my cheer bow orders!! too many and too much work!
good luck,
shelleigh
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif

Tags
cheer, cheer bows, cheerleading, how to make, tick-tock