Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:36

Default HOW do you get your korders to look so full and puffy?

I have been working on them all night. A couple looked full and round. The other just looked flatter. I used 35 3" ribbons on each of them. Should I do more? ANY korker suggestions would help!

Oh and yes I did starch and bake for 25 mins before and after!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20

Default Re: HOW do you get your korders to look so full and puffy?

bump!!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:40

I have had that problem also, I have then took them off the needle and then restacked them. If the second time it didnt work I have taken them off again and put them in a bag and sat them aside and came back to them. Usually when I have come back to them, they go together great. I dont know what makes the difference. Guess I will be watching this post. LOL
Old 03-31-2010, 01:54

Are you sewing them or tying them?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
Are you sewing them or tying them?
Sewing. I don't have anything to put them in to tie like I've seen people use. I tried just laying them on the ribbon in a stack and some ended up longer and shorter etc...So I have been sewing them.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:03

Can you post a pic?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygalinsteerland View Post
can you post a pic?
IMG_0393.jpg

It just kind of flattens out instead of some pointing upward like some I have seen. That is why I added a rhinestone, to cover the thread and to fill in the gap.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:57

I use more pieces for 3" lengths. I use about 45 pieces sometimes a little bit more. Depends on the number of colors I'm using. Definately fuller and I don't need to starch. I can sew or tie off doesn't seem to matter which but if I try I use the elastic cording not elastic thread. It's a little bit thicker.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:10

I wouldn't add the rhinestone unless that's the specific look you're going for. It does flatten it out.

If you have enough pieces in there and you are careful when you sew your couple of times up and down it'll be good. If all else you can starch and fluff, hang upside down. You can also "trim" to give it a rounder appearance. I have a korker box, I don't use it anymore, my daughter can pull out the strands on tied korkers. 35-40 pieces of 3" should be enough, make sure you rotating your strands as well.

I hate korkers LOL, I need to start korking for my May show because they are such a big seller, I just hate those boogers!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:11

I hate them too! Just such a process! I only added the rhinestone bc it was already flat and I had to have something to fill that gap. I will just keep korkin' until I get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
I wouldn't add the rhinestone unless that's the specific look you're going for. It does flatten it out.

If you have enough pieces in there and you are careful when you sew your couple of times up and down it'll be good. If all else you can starch and fluff, hang upside down. You can also "trim" to give it a rounder appearance. I have a korker box, I don't use it anymore, my daughter can pull out the strands on tied korkers. 35-40 pieces of 3" should be enough, make sure you rotating your strands as well.

I hate korkers LOL, I need to start korking for my May show because they are such a big seller, I just hate those boogers!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies