http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2010, 04:08

Default Bottlecap questions!!

I am wanting to start making bottlecaps. But, I have no clue where to start! What do you glue your images to the cap with? Also, what do you use on the top? Like what resin? Thank you for any advice that can be given!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 06:23

Default Re: Bottlecap questions!!

i use the xyron sticker maker and et lite
Old 03-30-2010, 07:29

I use epoxy stickers that are 1" on the top. I use 3D crystal laquer or diamond glaze to seal them with( make sure that you dont shake to sealer to prevent bubbles.). you use deco podge to glue the images down to the top od the bottle cap. make sure that you have a 1" scrapbook punch. I hope that this makes sence.

Last edited by lilsnapdragons; 03-30-2010 at 07:33.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18

I use dot liner glue and epoxy. I don't seal my images because I have them printed at Walgreens.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutesandladders1980 View Post
I use dot liner glue and epoxy. I don't seal my images because I have them printed at Walgreens.
Can I ask what dot liner glue is? Either I never heard of it or I'm being totally clueless right now LOL

Old 03-30-2010, 09:22

If you search "how to make bottlecaps" on here, you should get a lot of info. But in a nutshell: You want to invest in a Xyron sticker machine (get one at Michaels - they're cheaper than Joanns) with a 40% off coupon. It makes life so much easier for adhering the image to the cap. 1" circle punch. A GOOD quality bottlecap punch - if you're making necklaces. ET Lite OR Colores Doming Resin. I personally have not glazed my images yet - it's on the list, but those 2 are the most recommended. You can buy or make your own images. There are several that selll images on here. Glazing will be your biggest challenge ... the rest is a piece of cake.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:25

all of the above. The resining is the trickiest part to tackle. personally took me months to figure it out and I ruined tons of caps doing it!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:25

It rolls on and there are little dots of glue all over the ribbon. Awesome stuff, holds like super glue. It is made from Elmer's and I got mine at the Mighty dollar for a buck . I stocked up because they may not get anymore. It is $3-$4 at Wal-Mart. I love that store they get things from Hallmark, Oriental Trading, and all kinds of places. They have the best scrapbooking things for $1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissiesCustomCreations View Post
Can I ask what dot liner glue is? Either I never heard of it or I'm being totally clueless right now LOL
Old 03-30-2010, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutesandladders1980 View Post
It rolls on and there are little dots of glue all over the ribbon. Awesome stuff, holds like super glue. It is made from Elmer's and I got mine at the Mighty dollar for a buck . I stocked up because they may not get anymore. It is $3-$4 at Wal-Mart. I love that store they get things from Hallmark, Oriental Trading, and all kinds of places. They have the best scrapbooking things for $1.
Awesome I'll have to check it out...we don't have mighty dollar here but will look at wally world to see if I can find it

Old 03-30-2010, 10:06

I think I've seen that at Michaels as well.
Sponsored Links