5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2010, 02:58

Default Cheer bow help!!!!

Hey ya'll i'm trying to make a Cheerleading bow for my little sister and she loves like sequins and stuff, i'm trying to attaching to the ribbon but i don't really know how to do it. I tried using hot glue but it looks awful. and how do you keep the sides of the sequins from fraying? if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05

Default Re: Cheer bow help!!!!

Use heat n bond cut to the size of the ribbon you want. Iron the heat n bond on to the ribbon. Remove the paper from the heat n bond once cooled. Iron the ribbon, heat n bond side down to the wrong side of the sequined fabric. Once cooled, cut the ribbon away from the fabric using a rotary cutter. I have never had a problem with fraying when using this technique. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel_i44 View Post
Hey ya'll i'm trying to make a Cheerleading bow for my little sister and she loves like sequins and stuff, i'm trying to attaching to the ribbon but i don't really know how to do it. I tried using hot glue but it looks awful. and how do you keep the sides of the sequins from fraying? if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it thanks!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
Use heat n bond cut to the size of the ribbon you want. Iron the heat n bond on to the ribbon. Remove the paper from the heat n bond once cooled. Iron the ribbon, heat n bond side down to the wrong side of the sequined fabric. Once cooled, cut the ribbon away from the fabric using a rotary cutter. I have never had a problem with fraying when using this technique. HTH
WOW...didnt think of that! I have never used the sequin fabric before to do it!! THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!!!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie02a View Post
WOW...didnt think of that! I have never used the sequin fabric before to do it!! THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!!!

It's the way that I have found works best for me. Also, when fusing the sequined fabric to the same or similar color grosgrain, it gives the sequins a much richer color and the bow more body. It's only my opinion though.

Glad I could help. It's what we're all here for!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
Ok thanks alot for your help, i'll try that out tonight! i really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links