New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2010, 02:13

Default Petti-tutu question

Ok, maybe I'm just retarded...

I tried to tie the pieces of tulle on the ends of the pieces on my tutu, however, they slip off no matter how tight I tie them. Is there a special way to tie them? Should I use fabric tac or something?

I'm just not getting it...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42

Default Re: Petti-tutu question

anyone?
Old 03-31-2010, 06:45

I would like to know this also...I have no clue how to make a peti-tutu but want to start as soon as i get some more tulle! Hope someone has an answer!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:45

I use a square knot, and they don't slip off. You can go on youtube to find a video on how to properly tie a square knot.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:51

I just made my first tutu the other day, and decided to make it petti style. I had no idea how to begin and noticed the end piece would slide off. I just played around with it awhile and decided to tie a knot about two inches from the end of the original piece, then tie the other piece above the knot. There is no way for it to slip over the knot. Hope that makes sense! I'll try to post a pic later.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:39

Are you tying the small piece around the tulle or are you tying them together? I have never made one of these but I would think that would make a difference. HTH!!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:41

Here is a pic of the tutu I made last night. I made it with a double layer, but only tied the small pieces to the top layer. In other words, there are four pieces per knot, and I only tied the small pieces to two of them. I tie the small piece around the long piece, not tie them together.

Here is a pic of the first tutu I made. I only used single layers alternating black and pink, and then only tied the small pieces to the black.

I've only ever made these two tutus, but I think they turned out ok. Hope this helps!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlicious View Post
Here is a pic of the tutu I made last night. I made it with a double layer, but only tied the small pieces to the top layer. In other words, there are four pieces per knot, and I only tied the small pieces to two of them. I tie the small piece around the long piece, not tie them together.

Here is a pic of the first tutu I made. I only used single layers alternating black and pink, and then only tied the small pieces to the black.

I've only ever made these two tutus, but I think they turned out ok. Hope this helps!
Very Cute!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34

i'm sry am i missing something, where's the picture?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54

Will try and explain it for you. You don't just tie the "tie" onto the tulle strip of your tutu. You have to wrap your tie around the tulle strip, then bring the tulle strip of your tutu up and over the now doubled-up tie and then tie your knot with the top part of the tulle strip of your tutu (the tulle above the wrapped around tie). That way your tie won't fall off. Here's a few pics of my petti tutus. They are 8" long, sewn with two layers of tulle and there's lots and lots of fluff. Hence my business name, Fluffy Stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAINBOW.jpg (56.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Purple Petti.jpg (61.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Pink Petti.jpg (48.9 KB, 112 views)
Sponsored Links