http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-17-2011, 04:15

Default Re: Petti-tutu question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushlander View Post
Will try and explain it for you. You don't just tie the "tie" onto the tulle strip of your tutu. You have to wrap your tie around the tulle strip, then bring the tulle strip of your tutu up and over the now doubled-up tie and then tie your knot with the top part of the tulle strip of your tutu (the tulle above the wrapped around tie). That way your tie won't fall off. Here's a few pics of my petti tutus. They are 8" long, sewn with two layers of tulle and there's lots and lots of fluff. Hence my business name, Fluffy Stuff!
I just had to stop by and say wow those are super full great job.

and to the poster I use slip knot for tulle that goes around the waist band and square knot for everything else hth

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-17-2011, 11:59

i think i understand what you are saying. just wrap the "tie strip" around the original tulle strip twice and then pull the bottom of the tulle strip up b4 making the final knot in the tie strip? also, your tutus are gorgeous! if you don't mind me asking, about how long would you make your strips for a 2 year old? i think i've made mine a little too long but am hoping that the petti-tizing will make it look a little shorter... here's a pic of the one i just made for my daughters bday party this weekend.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:00

Smile Re: Petti-tutu question

the square knot idea is something i will fool with too. thank you as well. ***jish, that picture is big. sry.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42

Quote:
Will try and explain it for you. You don't just tie the "tie" onto the tulle strip of your tutu. You have to wrap your tie around the tulle strip, then bring the tulle strip of your tutu up and over the now doubled-up tie and then tie your knot with the top part of the tulle strip of your tutu (the tulle above the wrapped around tie). That way your tie won't fall off. Here's a few pics of my petti tutus. They are 8" long, sewn with two layers of tulle and there's lots and lots of fluff. Hence my business name, Fluffy Stuff!
I love fluffy! Very nice tutu's!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:59

jdillon - For a 2 year old I would make the petti tutu no longer than 8". I also only cut my "ties" at 4.5" long (x 6" wide). This is what gives the tutu more fluff because the ties are short. The longer the ties, the daggier the tutu looks in my opinion. If you want, check out some of my stuff at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Flu...49893738416217.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:47

i just wanted to show off my tutu. i'm so proud of how it turned out and how much my daughter loved it. i ended up making square knots cause i couldn't quite figure out the other method. thanks agian for ur help!! here's a couple of pictures of my baby girl in her 2nd birthday outfit!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlicious View Post
Here is a pic of the tutu I made last night. I made it with a double layer, but only tied the small pieces to the top layer. In other words, there are four pieces per knot, and I only tied the small pieces to two of them. I tie the small piece around the long piece, not tie them together.

Here is a pic of the first tutu I made. I only used single layers alternating black and pink, and then only tied the small pieces to the black.

I've only ever made these two tutus, but I think they turned out ok. Hope this helps!
wow they are pretty! great job!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:40

The tut I used said to just tie them about 2" above the bottom and I just tie them on, not even a knot. Just one tie and mine don't fall off.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:38

Quote:

Love!!!! your tutus! But I don't understand
Sponsored Links