New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2010, 12:10

Default Bolt Tulle - how to cut?

I have only used 6" rolls, but I found it on bolt today - cheap!! A Walmart I was at is taking out the fabric so it was 50% off. Anyway, how do you cut it into 6" pieces? Do you have a method or something that is easy? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2010, 12:26

Default Re: Bolt Tulle - how to cut?

oh my gosh??????? what??????? I hope mine doesn't...lol Guess i need to go look What area are you in??
Old 03-30-2010, 09:58

Its on the roll doubled....i just roll it out and cut it in big chunks then on the ends slide my sharp scissors down the sides. On the side where it is folded to be doubled I just use the scissors and cut it there. I then roll it and cut in 6 inch pieces. It takes time, but I get alot off one bolt. For me one piece is usually about 22 inches which would make it 11 inches folded in half for a tutu.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02

eeeekkk.. Bolt of tulle scare me! I alway buy on the spool even though the bolt is much cheaper.. I needed some tulle for the bottom of a dress when i was at a fabric store and the lady there actually cut it the length and width I needed it. It was sad... ha
Old 03-30-2010, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngr78us View Post
Its on the roll doubled....i just roll it out and cut it in big chunks then on the ends slide my sharp scissors down the sides. On the side where it is folded to be doubled I just use the scissors and cut it there. I then roll it and cut in 6 inch pieces. It takes time, but I get alot off one bolt. For me one piece is usually about 22 inches which would make it 11 inches folded in half for a tutu.
It is not that hard at all. I can cut enough for 1 tutu in 2.5 minutes. First determine the length of the tutu. If you want a 10 inch then you would double that and add 2inches for the knot so measure out 22 inches off tulle and cut. Cut the edges of the tulle and then fold over width way and cut the edges again. You will then have 8 22 inch strips.
Yvonne
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10

I cut enough for more than one tutu at a time....maybe that why it sounds so hard...its not hard at all. I see what Yvonne is saying though.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:17

I bring mine to work and have one of my co-workers help me fold it and then I use the paper cutter and I have 6" stips in NO TIME.. then I can go home and wrap it around a book or whatever to cut the size strips I need.... That being said I've only bought it on the bolt once.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang96mj View Post
oh my gosh??????? what??????? I hope mine doesn't...lol Guess i need to go look What area are you in??
Actually all Walmarts are doing away with the fabric section. The one I was in was just in Ohio (about 2 hours from my house). They are actually a test store for precuts - so I was told by the associate. It is the only store I have seen with them. My stores that are close to me haven't had fabric since the remodels - and they don't have precuts either.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28

To me, you guys make this sound easy and complicated all at the same time...lol. I think I follow how you do it. I only bought 3 yards of a few colors when I was there yesterday. I think I am going to stop and buy the rest tomorrow.
Sponsored Links