Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   How do you get your bows to sit flat on the clip?? (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/44328-how-do-you-get-your-bows-sit-flat-clip.html)

AngelAudrey09 03-26-2010 08:48

How do you get your bows to sit flat on the clip??

Am I doing something wrong? I see these beautiful bows some of you gals have made and when I put my bows (especially the ones with the spikes) on the clip, then they always go up where the pinch on the clip is...Then it looks funny. Do you take pictures of the bow BEFORE gluing it to the clip? Or maybe I'm gluing too close to the pinch part of the clip??? I dunno...Any suggestions? XOXO Amy:wallbash:

cancousins 03-26-2010 08:52

Re: How do you get your bows to sit flat on the clip??

I take my pics before adding the clip

VioletDaisy 03-26-2010 09:06

I line my clips "backwards" from what most people do--so that my bow or flower is glued to the FLAT side of the alli clip :) It doesn't poke your head or anything. I've tried it on me AND my very sensitive-headed 6yo dd.

mothermayi 03-26-2010 09:14

I photograph first, so that the customer can choose a clip...

If I use an alli, I do attach the bow to the flat side...

I put my larger stacked bows on french clips...

AngelAudrey09 03-26-2010 09:26

GASP! I never thought to put the clip on backwards! What a great idea! Does anyone else do that?? Is that common knowledge and I've just been doing it wrong the whole time?? ***sheepish grin***

mothermayi 03-26-2010 09:30

I do bigger flowers like that too. It really annoys me when petals are sticking up.

:0)

VioletDaisy 03-26-2010 09:42

I think alot of it is personal preference :) I'm pretty sure there's lots of other hg's who also do it "backwards". To me, it's easier to line the clip and I don't have to worry about the pinch part "poking" part of the flower or bow up all funky. I've lined them that way since I first started (after I lurked on here for awhile). I learned the trick from another hg on here :)

firedancr41 03-26-2010 09:48

i am a newbie and was wondering the exact thing while taking pics tonight!

my first mini korker i attached the clip the opposite way..didn't know if it would still clip well or not! good to know

shelby2000 03-27-2010 01:12

1 Attachment(s)
I take a picture before I add the clip to mine. I add the knot with a tiny bit of glue so that I can easily/gently take it off and add my clip after I take the picture. The reason I take it off is because if I'm attaching a french barrette I wrap the ribbon around the barrette and then cover the inside of the barrette with ribbon so you don't see the knot ribbon. Does that make any sense? I took the picture I attached before adding the clip.

woodkath 03-27-2010 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelAudrey09 (Post 492072)
GASP! I never thought to put the clip on backwards! What a great idea! Does anyone else do that?? Is that common knowledge and I've just been doing it wrong the whole time?? ***sheepish grin***

I do that with all of my bows, including some of the applique clippies I make that are big and could "bend". It doesn't hurt at all, and actually, for whatever weird reason, they stay in my little girl's hair better.