ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2010, 07:48
juliaschmoolia's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,168
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleahporche View Post
Im having the same problem. I was selling in a boutique and the owner had such a high mark up on my stuff I felt like I needed to lower my prices and I never felt like I was making any money. Now Im selling on a site that is similar to a craigs list and people are always trying to talk me down. My husband gets mad at me. I don't know the right way to tell people no without turning them away. I think $6 for a crochet headband with a big flower is reasonable, especialy if you shop around online and see how much they are going for- then add in that you might have to pay tax and shipping. Here is a picture of what Im selling for $6.
I so agree. the people that are interested and love my bows are people who are not used to shopping in boutiques and look at me funny when I tell them how much a bow is. and Im usually giving them a deal because I know them....
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32
colleen26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,066
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleahporche View Post
Im having the same problem. I was selling in a boutique and the owner had such a high mark up on my stuff I felt like I needed to lower my prices and I never felt like I was making any money. Now Im selling on a site that is similar to a craigs list and people are always trying to talk me down. My husband gets mad at me. I don't know the right way to tell people no without turning them away. I think $6 for a crochet headband with a big flower is reasonable, especialy if you shop around online and see how much they are going for- then add in that you might have to pay tax and shipping. Here is a picture of what Im selling for $6.

I think $6 is very reasonable. I love your flower. If you don't mind, where do you get them?
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2010, 08:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen26 View Post
I think $6 is very reasonable. I love your flower. If you don't mind, where do you get them?
I don't mind at all....I went yesterday to Hobby Lobby all flowers were 50% off...I just bought 2 and it was $1.60 something....and I think they are realy nice quality.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 12:22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 657
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Well I added these to my show table today. Sold two Kufis at 4.00 - and I did have some people pass because I think they thought the price was too high for them. We will see what happens in the future. I would like to up them to 5. Thanks for all your advice.
__________________
I have a bow obsession!
Have we had a transaction? If so, please leave feedback here http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/itrader.php?u=29793. THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09
Kricket's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,926
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melham View Post
Well I added these to my show table today. Sold two Kufis at 4.00 - and I did have some people pass because I think they thought the price was too high for them. We will see what happens in the future. I would like to up them to 5. Thanks for all your advice.
Hi there
Where are you from? It always surprises me how some locations get more for the same product.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 12:05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 657
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
Hi there
Where are you from? It always surprises me how some locations get more for the same product.
Chicago area
__________________
I have a bow obsession!
Have we had a transaction? If so, please leave feedback here http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/itrader.php?u=29793. THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 12:34
NewMexicoGirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 3,660
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

Something to consider when pricing your items and of course this will vary by area, but if you price your items to low people will think they are cheap and by cheap I mean low quality. I sell my Kufi's for $10, waffle Beanies for $7 and Crochet headbands for $3, If they want a flower it's an additional $5 for any of the above options. I have a client who sell Kufi's w/flower at Trunk Shows for $25 the same ones I'm selling for $15. If your at a crafts fair or other type of show and theres another vendor selling theres for $15 and your selling yours for $10 they will wonder why your prices are lower and think the other one might be better quality. This will vary by area but don't cheat your self.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37
Poppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 187
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

I agree. I charge $19 for a beanie with flower clip, and $14 for a crochet headband with flower clip. I don't sell the hats and headbands separately.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2010, 11:21
MSquare's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 191
Default Re: How much do you charge for headbands and kufis?

I sell headbands (FOE and crocheted) with a flower clippie for $10 and Kufi's with a flower clippie for $18. If there's ribbon on the Kufi then the price is $22. People don't beat an eye. I do drop my prices by $2 when I do a show and people will come for the "sale". I usually sell out pretty quickly. My last show I made over $300 in 3hrs.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger